Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering wheel control adapter

evilc69

I have installed an aftermarket Kenwood headunit on my IQ and obviously lost my steering wheel controls. Does anyone know what adapter i need to buy to get back the steering controls on my Kenwood?

Thanks in advance

I did the same but fitted a Pioneer stereo. 

What I used was this Cable adapter Which is a CTSTY001.2 adapter. They don't list iQ in the car list but don't worry, they do fit and it plugs into a socket on the original loom that will now be spare in your car. 

You then need a cable that goes from the black box in the above cable to the stereo and this is specific to the make of head unit. There seems to be two options for Kenwood. A single wire version. Single wire and a multi pin plug version Multi pin

I installed all this for the Pioneer system, good thing there is lots of room in the top of the dash for all the cables, and I now have volume control, track skip, fast forward and power on/off on the steering wheel. Only thing you can't get working is the digital display next to the fuel gauge but that's a small loss to be honest.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links