Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got rid of the Aygo (in portugal) got an IQ in the UK

chilaspt

So, 

As the title says, I got rid of my Aygo in Portugal, and got an iQ here in the UK.

It was registered in November 2012, so still got some warranty on it, its got 27k miles :)

Now I'm looking into getting some upgrades/accessories.

So far this is the list I have:

- Floormats

- 4 new tyres (eventually may get away with 3), (it's got 2 Achilles tyres - new, 1 Bridgestone and 1 Pirelli)

- Glovebox net/thing

- Upgrade the interior lighting 

What else can I improve on from stock?

Suggestions are welcome!

Regards,

ChilasPT

Coils 

Fromt  bumper skirt ( makes a massive difference) 

tint out the rear view window and rear passenger Windows  

if you want to touch the engine, then that's another story:

- if it's a 1.33 engine then it's worth getting a supercharge kit which bumps out the output to 120bhp (1.0L you can get around 80bhp from the engine ) 

- bigger throttle body  

The rear passanger windows are already tinted, not sure if that is stock or was done after the car left the dealership...

its a red car, so I might get the rear window tinted, and maybe the fronts as well, (need to check insurances).

the coils as in to improve handling? is it that bad? do you have a picture of the front bumper skirt?

Its a 1.0 engine, so i dont expect massive changes, just to make it nicer i guess...

With the standard tinted glass, the front windows will already be close to the UK legal limit for tints.

cool, good to know, I wont touch them then! do all iq's come with tinted glass?

Tinted glass has been standard on majority of cars sold in the UK for a number of years.

You can add a module to auto close/open your mirrors.  Example, get out of the car and lock it, mirrors close. Touch handle ti open, mirrors deploy

ver 2

Get out the car and lock it, mirrors close. Unlock the car and start the engine, mirrors deploy

David

You can buy an auto door locking module that plugs in tbe OBD2 diagnostic socket that auto locks the doors when you reach 12mph and in an auto stay locked until you put it in Park position or on manual when you switch off the engine

David

I'd need to be sure that module had fail-safe in the "unlocked" position. Assuming the iq2 has deadlocks, i've seen videos on t'web that shows you have to practically destroy the door to get out when the deadlocks fail. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links