Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Pads...

Funkadelic

Slightly embarassing this, but prior to the MR2 I owned a Golf which didn't require new pads for the duration of my ownership, and now that I need to change the pads on the MR2 I'm not 100% certain how to go about it. :ph34r:

Anybody care to talk me through it?

If brakes weren't so important I'd just get out there now and bodge my way through it, but I need my brakes in order to live sooooo... :wacko:

might be some info about it on here...

click

It's for bleeding the brakes but might be a help :thumbsup:

<<Disclaimer>>

Take it to a garage if you are not sure - need those stoppers to work when you press the peddle!

Would do but an hour's labour is nearly fourty quid, and that's just silly - The pads cost £20.

Gotta learn some time...

Fantastic!

Shame it's the rears that need doing the most (I can't even get hold of any front pads at the moment for some reason - Nowhere has them) but that'll help loads.

Thanks.

I JUST CHANGED THE PADS ON THE FRONT OF MINE AND IT WAS A SNAP!!! BUT I WILL HAVE TO WARN YOU THAT I COULDN"T DO THE BACK! THERE IS A PLUG OR SOMETHING COVERING THE TOP BOLT AND I GOT MAD WITH IT AND QUIT!! I AM ASKING SOMEONE TODAY AND IF I FIND OUT HOW TO DO THIS I WILL LET YOU KNOW!!!

FRONT FRICTION pads - TOYOTA (90-) MR2 SPORTS SW20 2.0 INC TURBO

14" wheels - upto end of 1991 £ 21.55

15" wheels -92 onwards - £ 17 . 95

REAR FRICTION - TOYOTA (90-) MR2 SPORTS SW20 2.0 INC TURBO

£ 12- 82.

http://www.brakesint.co.uk/buyonline.html

the rears look like the screw the piston back type,not push back,tool can be purchased at Halfords or a good motor shop.isnt the plug simply a dust cap for the bolt head???????

I have been told that its easier than you think to change pads. Although I haven't tried it myself.

System~G (with the how to guide) changed pads and discs on his MR2 and then Corolla and survived with out any hitches.

THEY ARE EASY WHEN YOU KNOW HOW, I HAVE WORKED ON MY OWN CARS FOR 18 YEARS , NEVER PAID A GARAGE BILL YET .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links