Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheap Petrol

dave5282

I don't see why you shouldn't use it, petrol is petrol - you never know what you're filling up with even if it's a Shell pump..

I'll be interested to see sainsburys new prices... I quite like sainsburys fuel :)

I was in Salsbury (near Swindon) on the wknd.

Holy s :censor: t, 92.1p per litre, and that was the standard crap.

Optimax bk in Wales cost 82p...........

technically the juice all comes out the same vats at the refinerys

its just that Shell and the like have all the good stuff at the top while asda and other places buy the petrol at the bottom of the vat where all the crap floats down to and separates slightly, hence why its slightly cheaper cos it aint as good! still gives the desired effect in most cases but as far as im aware it is noticable

i can buy asda juice and the car can run like a bag of pants for the week but Shell is great! car seems to pick up no end and is a lot more perky!

you can notcie the difference - i got Shell other day and my car seemed more responsive - if thats the word to use......

Its like coca cola - coca cola use top half of liquid - and panda pop, asda etc use what came out of bottom.........

I can honestly say my car has only had 5 pound of none Shell petrol through it since I got it, and I do about 300+ miles per week, I just like their pluspoint scheme!!

But like vmail said, I heard tesco asda etc also top theirs up with additives, the likes of which apparently are good every once in a while?

Good for Asda starting a bit of a price war! :thumbsup:

I will use their petrol everyday because im just commuting to Edinburgh everyday. But I agree that you can notice a difference when using top quality petrols though!!

I can honestly say my car has only had 5 pound of none shell petrol through it since I got it, and I do about 300+ miles per week, I just like their pluspoint scheme!!

But like vmail said, I heard tesco asda etc also top theirs up with additives, the likes of which apparently are good every once in a while?

yeah it is good for the car

cheap petrol?

its $1.40 a gallon here, and the yanks are still complaining!!!

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I have almost always gone to Tescos for my petrol... I'm glad Asda have cut prices, it measn that Tescos will aswell to stay competitive!

At the moment its 79.9p per litre...

At a small private garage near my new house its 83p per litre!! :ffs:

Luckily the Safeways down the way is 79.9p....

It doesnt bother me where the petrol comes from, as long as it gets me to and from work! :thumbsup:

Off to Tescos now as a friend at work gave me a 5p off per litre voucher (expires today).

It will still be too expensive though.

I was in Salsbury (near Swindon) on the wknd.

Holy s :censor: t, 92.1p per litre, and that was the standard crap.

Optimax bk in Wales cost 82p...........

Where????

The last time I put Optimax in (last weekend) it cost me 91.2p a litre :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I work at tesco's & its the cheapest petrol around here, 79.9p. I've only ever juiced up with it so I can't say about Shell opti etc.

But my bro had engine problems when he kept filling up at morrisons & safeway, so I stay well clear of them :thumbsup:

/me hasnt filled up for 3 weeks, and still got 1/2 tank left

normally I use a tank/week

I didnt say I lived in kent, but I do drive all over the UK

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links