Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

She's a keeper IQ3, audio upgrade needed

Ady168uk

Hi everyone, decided that this little car is going to be in the family for a long while and would like to upgrade the audio system if possible. I read up on some potential options, the factory route with JBL setup or sourcing the console parts to fit a 2dim unit in place.

Has anyone upgraded from the stock setup and any recommendations would be great, extremely happy with the little car but ideally would like better sound.

• Like 1

Wow that is once clean install, very nice Craig, I never done any fibreglass stuff so will look into that, I have a spare single din unit I would like to use so your solution would be ideal!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I went for the not so clean install as I wanted a subwoofer that I can easily disconnect and remove from the car. The subwoofer is a 300W Hertz Dieci DBA 200.3, there is also two sets of Hertz Energy ESK 165.5 two way woofer and tweeter with crossovers which is powered by a Hertz HCP 2 400W amp. Sounds really good and can get really loud. Maybe I will make some videos next time to show you guys.

A few things to look out for, if you have the 1.33 IQ3 then stop-start can affect your amp(s) unless you wire them correctly or bypass the start-stop. If you have the crossovers in the door panel then it's a good idea to seal them from water or mount them inside car the dash away from moisture.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links