Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 4 Prius anyone got delivery yet?

geo13647

Well! finally bit the bullet & ordered a Hypersonic Red Prius Excel with detachable tow bar.

However, factory date is 2nd week in July. How time crawls...

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

I have been driving mine for the last 4 weeks. All that I can say is that there is a big difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4. Much more quite and smoother to drive. 

Got mine in Silver . In Ireland it is called the Luxury model.

So has the mk4 been type approved to tow then?

On 15/03/2016 at 1:39 PM, Richard290 said:

Yes you can tow up to 750 kg .

Oh god, another reason to chop my current in for one, not being able to tow has been the only draw back - will await to see what the gen4 PIP brings to the table :)

• Like 1

Ordered a silver Business Edition Plus today, expected delivery in early April.

I just ordered mine today, Excel in silver, black leather. Dealer had a cancelled order in stock, picking it up this Friday. I had the option of picking it up Wednesday but I'm working. I was torn between hypersonic red and silver and the instant availability of a silver one swung it. I was considering the light grey leather option but one of the sales guys showed me a real picture he had taken of the light grey leather and it's almost white, along with an almost white dash top. too easy to get dirty IMO. The toilet seat in the middle was not too bad whilst driving the demonstrator, the white gearstick surround was more noticeable and the white on the steering wheel is not as pronounced as it looks in the pictures. 

I got an excellent discount and a good part ex on my Prius plus.

Originally told to expect delivery of my Excel in red mid June, got a phone call from the dealer yesterday it's been brought forward to May 10th...:biggrin:

What extras do you add? Mudflaps? Door bumper strips? Floor mats?

I ordered the protection pack, that rear bumper boot protector is a definite must if you use the boot at all. The mud flaps also help a lot too.

Also the detachable towbar & 13pin electrics, no intention of towing a caravan, but the 13 pin is waterproof, unlike the 7pin electrics.

Still not sure how I managed it, but got my dealer to supply a full set of mats and a Supagard paint protection system FOC.

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

I've got a ready for collection date from the dealer 31st March (Next Thursday - I can't wait). I ordered a White Excel (17" wheels) with chrome pack, protection pack, fabric floor mats, side protection (black) and a centre console cover (although it doesn't cover much but it might catch a few crumbs).

10b141fd-c8bd-4729-8508-5b75e9823557.JPG

Lucky you!  Mine's still saying end June, and apparently it's because of the 15" wheels I've ordered.

Got mine today, love it. The park assist works really well and a lot quicker than the old system. It sometimes does an extra shuffle out and in on the back-in parking, taking it wide initially then shuffles forward, then corrects itself and parks equally spaced either side. Not quite as quick as I could do it myself reversing in in one go. Tried to change my insurance over, Co-op insurance, and they said they can't cover it as the new 2016 Gen 4 model is not on their system, too new, so they cancelled the old policy (no cancellation fee, their fault) and I had to start a new one with Toyota Insurance. The engine warms up very quickly and I was getting 70mpg without even trying. Weird thing about the little economy driving performance statement that pops up when you turn it off, I got 90/100 and 94/100 on two short trips, but when I started the car on the drive and went nowhere whilst I was pairing my phone and setting up a wireless connection to my home WiFi, I got 100/100 even though the the engine had started once. I thought the menus and options would be a bit daunting but they are all very intuitive and it's easy to flick through, find things and follow them. I haven't tried the Nav yet, but the graphics are really nice. Just had a look at the lights now it's dark and boy are they stylish. LED headlights, LED fog lights, LED DRLs and the front parking lights are very bright white, can't see the bulb but suspect that's LED too. The rear Z lights are very impressive, brighter than I thought they'd be. The rear fogs are very bright LEDs but are quite small in diameter.

I've had the same problem with insurance with Directline. I spent 3/4 of an hour on the phone while their manager contacted their underwriters. Eventually they have called it the Prius Plus and will upgrade the insurance as soon as it has been classified. Guess it is expected when you buy something so new. At least it should turn a few heads.

My local main dealer (not the one I purchased from) is still showing the Gen3 on their website. No sign of the new one yet.

15 hours ago, kithmo said:

...Tried to change my insurance over, Co-op insurance, and they said they can't cover it as the new 2016 Gen 4 model is not on their system, too new, ...

Last year Co-operative Insurance refused to quote for my Gen 3 Prius because I'd had the Toyota side mouldings (¼" rubber strips on the doors to help prevent knocks from doors in car parks) and the Toyota accessory heated seats fitted!  And that was after they'd consulted with one of their underwriters!

Needless to say I don't bother with them now.

• Like 1

Just noticed today when I filled it up, the fuel gauge has "1/1" on the right hand end (Full) and "R" on the left, not "E" (Reserve or Refill ?)

Thought 2 bars of fuel left meant it's time to refill. Only filled 29 litres though.

Did the excel come with floor mats as standard? The myToyota portal says it comes as standard?

Haven't tried voice commands yet. Anyone tried?

Picked my White Excel up today. Only done 26 miles in it. It took me a while setting up the phone and screen settings how I'll like it.

I can't get MyToyota to recognise the car online yet using my registration number.

The map software is out of date, a new 'link road' in my area hasn't been added yet. Hopefully there will be an update soon to correct that.

So far, I'm really pleased. It's very quiet, smooth and is a pleasure to drive.

Somebody has polished the leather seats which has made them very slippery. But hopefully that will wear off quickly and grip my backside.

Just took it out in the dark and see that the headlights have to be on full beam with the auto switch turned 'on' for the auto headlamps to work. Wow those headlights are bright. Very clear bright white, far better than my Gen3 which I remember I had to fit alternative lamps than those supplied as standard.

I find the RSA useful and lane depart screen. Had to adjust the 'over speed' adjustment to stop them changing red at just 1mph over.

And as for Dynamic Cruise Control, I'm gonna love using that. Doing 60 with a slow moving lorry in front bought the speed down to 35mph and then when he turned off, back up to 60 it went. Love it.

The speech recognition works well. I've set my 'HOME' location and "Favourites Home" automatically sets the NAV to get me home.

Not tried the park assist yet.

I can't wait to get out at the weekend to have a decent play with her.

It's certainly a head turner. Even my 84 year old father said it is superb looking car and had to go out for a second look at it.

On 13/03/2016 at 7:23 PM, Richard290 said:

I have been driving mine for the last 4 weeks. All that I can say is that there is a big difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4. Much more quite and smoother to drive. 

Got mine in Silver . In Ireland it is called the Luxury model.

So does your profile need updating ??

Just got email from my dealer to say the Rav4 Hybrid is still on the system for a End of July delivery.

Must be a day for checking - my dealer just emailed to say my Prius Excel now has a factory build date and the ETA into the dealer has moved from "end of June" to 8th June.  A move into May would be even more welcome... :biggrin:

• Like 1

Some pics of these new cars would be very nice please, everybody

.....it might get me to take up Honest Johns suggestion that my 2013 15000 mile Gen 3 is worth between £15-16k as a private sale,..... and talk to an online broker

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/used-prices/Toyota/Prius/2013/?q=Hybrid+T+Spirit

24 minutes ago, barrycoll said:

Some pics of these new cars would be very nice please, everybody

.....it might get me to take up Honest Johns suggestion that my 2013 15000 mile Gen 3 is worth between £15-16k as a private sale,..... and talk to an online broker

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/used-prices/Toyota/Prius/2013/?q=Hybrid+T+Spirit

Think that quote might be just a tad optimistic Barry - I've just acquired a 2014 T Spirit 18K miles for £16,500 from a main dealership. 

Edited by Duffryn
incorrect info

Yes, you may be right David, but I imagine that the dealer paid £13-14k for your car, and the first owner would have done far better selling privately

...all a lot more messy of course, but a £1000+ reward deserves just a little effort

.....possibly starting at £15.5k and dropping to £15 for mine, is better than £12-13k from Jemca

• Like 1

My Dealer phoned to tell me that my car has arrived, collecting it Wednesday.

IMG_20160401_144255.jpg

IMG_20160401_144243.jpg

IMG_20160401_144300.jpg

IMG_20160401_144851.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links