Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Went To Look At That N-reg T-bar Today...

GTant

Was absolutely stunning, same coloour as Fizz's car :drool:

was ready to struck a deal but i wanted to hpi check it first..

came up as a Cat D Write off, aand the seller had been the one who had made the claim.. why the f*ck did'nt he just say that?!?

not gonna go get it cos i dont want the fact that it was a write off and i cant be sure what else may be wrong with it!

back to the search

Very wise you got it checked out.

It's better in the long run to keep looking and be sure of what you're getting.

Good luck in the continued search...

Yeah good on you for holding your cool and getting it checked, many would have just run straight in and taken it.

I'm sure one will come up soon, good luck

damn mate... unlucky.. and as previously said... good job in getting it checked out.. Did you ask him why he did not declare it?

damn mate... unlucky.. and as previously said... good job in getting it checked out.. Did you ask him why he did not declare it?

not but if he did'nt tell me this, then how do i know he aint tellin me any other "little" secrets about the motor..

there was no history whatsoever with the car!

not but if he did'nt tell me this, then how do i know he aint tellin me any other "little" secrets about the motor..

there was no history whatsoever with the car!

right.. thats one thing you defo need with a car like the MR2 mate.. if it aint got any history.. then dont go to view it.. simple rule but you have to have it for piece of mind mate... :thumbsup:

to be honest mate - an N reg t-bar with low miles for that price was too good to be true...... :ph34r:

Might be worth doing a Hpi Check before you travel to view a car... save yourself a lot of time and money (fuel + stuff)

Rash.

so would I! thats why i always brought someone who i didnt really want to bring when i went to see a car...like my dad lol.

I am glad you checked it out and walked away.

Shame it was a bad 'un.

There are a lot of genuine good MR2's out there, you might have to travel though.

Unfortunately you are going to see a lot of cars (probably) until you find the one that's right. Whenever I've been on the lookout for something, I've normally ended up seeing around 5 - 10. History isn't essential, and you may well find a lot of imports in particular don't have any history at all, and what's stopping someone still witholding certain information. The key is to check everything over carefully, consider things such as why are the panels gaps different etc. Listen to the engine is there any tapping, banging noises and so on.....Always be prepared to walk away, it really is a case of head ruling heart on this one.

As for the HPI check, good plan, that is always a good check to make - esp. for any outstanding finance......

you may find that the best deals are very far away, i had to travel a round trip of 580miles twice to norwich to get mine but damn it was worth it! Just a thought if you havnt checked already but have you tried the for sale section on www.imoc.co.uk? lots of well looked after motors on there :thumbsup:

apparently it is illegal to not declare if the car is on the hpi register. u wanna call the bloke back and tell him unless he gives u the car for £500 u are gonna report him to the highest authorities.

might work :thumbsup:

I saw so many snotters looking for a turbo .. that I had to get mine from Japan ..

It took me three months searching sites and autotrader every day and test driving every weekend to find mine.

You'll know when you've found it, but still even then get an HPI :thumbsup:

Months after buying it, I phoned up a parts supplier who told me it was a Corsa (based on Reg info given) :o I still took it to the old bill to double check - just in case :D

I saw so many snotters looking for a turbo .. that I had to get mine from Japan ..

Same here,

And froma reputable importer too, unless you do it all yourself. So many crash repaired, clocked sh1te cars out there which are supposed to be 'low mileage imports'

I bought the first MR2 I viewed and have not regretted it.

Probably helps that I got a full inspection carried out on the vehicle.

Yep same here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links