Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If I'm A Bit Down

Demonic Angel

My work decided to let me go yesterday - 1 day before my 6 month probation....

They have said they dont think I am suited to the job and things arent working out.... gee couldn't you have told me 5 months ago?

I have worked my butt off there, and this is my repayment!

So - anyway am not working again this week because I have to find a new job asap - I have a mortgage to pay soon!

They said its not personal - its business - well if feels pretty personal to me!

This happened to me last year at my last job - I went away on holiday, came back and was told I was being made redundant, except this time the place are giving me the boot!

So am a bit down at the moment, and worrying how we are going to afford things!

I just dont understand how you can work so hard, make such a difference and then kick someone out after 6 months. Its just not fair, esp when I dont think I have done anything to warrant it, not had any warnings and not like I did anything for gross misconduct!

Everyone I worked with is so shocked as no one saw it coming - apparently word is the place is in trouble, everyone is being re-interviewed on Friday by the Ops Manager to see what their plans are etc....

Anyway have contacted a few agencies and am making appointments to register with places left right and centre, hopefully if I can get a cruddy temp job just to tide me over until I get something perm - that'd be a great help.

I move into my new house next week aswell - so not timed very well! :eek:

Anyways have all your fingers crossed for me - anyone know of any jobs going in Leicestershire? :thumbsup:

btw Big thanx to Matt aka Moffmo who I told on MSN yesterday and he was great - although I'm not gonna take his advice to bomb the place! :lol:

Dont worry, I was made redundant 2wks ago when they shut the Plant (company closure), felt like s**t, really bitter, but hey, life goes on.

Seems like, new house, new kittens, new job! The nxt job'l b better, allways is. :yes:

Good luck :thumbsup:

That's not good at all :angry:

What were the exact reasons? Did you mess up and/or cost the company money unneccessarily?

But sadly companies do this and it usually happens in the first year of employment (more often in probationary periods) as it cost them nothing to let someone go.

A good mate was fired a couple of weeks ago. He is presenting them with tribunal action as I type this and will take them on 3 serious offences (sexual discrimination, breaking contractual terms and infringement of human rights). It may force the company to close as they are skint at the mo...

The company does a lot that is deamed illegal in terms of working rights. I am also looking for another job.

Good luck with job searching and house moving :thumbsup:

What were the exact reasons? Did you mess up and/or cost the company money unneccessarily?

Not that I'm aware of.... thats the strange thing...

My manager sat me down a few weeks ago and told me - we have an audit coming up so I need you to do this this and this.... I was like, yeah no probs!

I worked hard, got that that and that all done - we had audit and we passed!

That was last week - so it was my hard work that made us pass - and then they go and get rid of me - it just doesnt make sense.... :ffs:

Thats why people are so shocked there, I worked so hard to get it all done and they have gotten rid of me!

My parents reckon I should contact the CAB to see if I have a case for unfair dismissal, but in my Contract it says basically that if the company feels my work is unsatisfactory for any reason they can get rid of me within my probationary period with 1 weeks notice....

Obviously they felt my work was unsatisfactory, even though I was left a big mess from my predecessor who apparently did nothing but she never got sacked! :ffs:

Crikey lass, thats a bit TOTALLY harsh.

Mow you have me worried, I handed my notice in this morning to move to a bigger co, hope i've done the right thing

Companies get away with murder these days. My g/f got the sack from her new job (doing really well, 4 months in) after she broke her shoulder. When I phoned up her boss and explained that you can't sack people for being sick, the personnel manager wrote a letter saying that she wasn't suitable for the job, and as she was within her first 12 months of employment, she was being given a week's notice and thankyouverymuchgoodbye...

sorry 2 hear, thats harsh...may not b much but have a hug anyways :group-cuddles: things will perk up soon

Sorry to hear this. :(

There will be something tons better just around the corner & you might be able to enjoy the sunshine for a week or so while you find something else! B)

:ph34r: - i didnt say that.....

Cheer up lassy, see this as an opportunity to get a better job, ort to go in a diiferent direction.

that was well harsh tho! Id get loads of padlocks and wait for everyone to leave except the people you hate....Quickly go in, screw a bolt on their doors and padlock them in....

:D

Or if your feeling a bit risky try and buy all their shares get 51% of the company, sack the people you hate. Give them a Really really bad reference. Bobs your uncle!

Sorry to hear about that demonic Tho..........:(

:ph34r: - i didnt say that.....

Cheer up lassy, see this as an opportunity to get a better job, ort to go in a diiferent direction.

that was well harsh tho! Id get loads of padlocks and wait for everyone to leave except the people you hate....Quickly go in, screw a bolt on their doors and padlock them in....

:D

Or if your feeling a bit risky try and buy all their shares get 51% of the company, sack the people you hate. Give them a Really really bad reference. Bobs your uncle!

Sorry to hear about that demonic Tho..........:(

Am trying to stay positive, but its hard with a mortgage looming!!

Cant survive on just 'im indoors' wages, even though he earns a considerable amount!

Anyway have 2 appointments at 2 agencies tomorrow to register and am already registered at 4 other so something should come up soon! :thumbsup:

what did ya do angel? i mean job-wise.

its a bit harsh to fire ya after u did that work, surely thats proof that ur work is satisfactory, hence u mite havea case for unfair dismissal :unsure:. ur best bet it to go have a chat with the CAB and c what they say.

Sorry to hear that it happened :(

-Z

what did ya do angel? i mean job-wise.

Rather ironically I worked for a recruitment consultants! :D

Rather ironically I worked for a recruitment consultants! :D

doh!

still u should be able to get a job. i'm sure u know the tricks of the trade to giving interviews then, should be no problemo ;)

Good luck!

-Z

If the place is in trouble, be grateful they let you go now. I don't think you can challenge their decision.

Having to work for a company as they go under is no fun.

Hope you get a job sorted soon, even a temp one so you can pay for a roof over your head.

And remember most of us are on MSN if you need a moan.

Yeah I know how they work so I'll know if they are cow-pooing me! :D

Well the ones I have spoken to seem really interested in me from speaking to them.... so just gotta wait and see really...

Hey DA, The same thing happened to me last week, I am tired of worrying about where the next money is coming from, so decided to go back to college for one year then on to uni, to study nursing.

Its a pain in the :censor:

and I know how you are feeling.But stick with it girl and dont loose the plot. :thumbsup: :group-cuddles:

Ash.

If the place is in trouble, be grateful they let you go now. I don't think you can challenge their decision.

Having to work for a company as they go under is no fun.

Hope you get a job sorted soon, even a temp one so you can pay for a roof over your head.

And remember most of us are on MSN if you need a moan.

Cheers Nicola! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this :crybaby: .......Life sucks like this and I know first hand what its like to lose 2 jobs through redundancy ............

You are entitled to ask for feedback on the exact reasons for dismissal. they can't just let you go cos ya face don't fit. They do need legit reasons to let someone go and have to be able to back it up with proof if necessary.

As for your mortgage - best thing to do is contact the bank ASAP and tell them the situation so you and they can be prepared just in case...

VERY BEST OF LUCK IN GETTING BACK IN CIRCULATION. :thumbsup:

Hey DA, The same thing happened to me last week, I am tired of worrying about where the next money is coming from, so decided to go back to college for one year then on to uni, to study nursing.

Its a pain in the :censor:

and I know how you are feeling.But stick with girl and dont loose the plot. :thumbsup: :group-cuddles:

Ash.

I have been thinking of that myself Asha, studying nursing, but I just dont think we can afford to, if you know what I mean....

Besides I am already doing a p/t degree so I dont wanna overdo the old studying! :D

Hope you find something soon .. !! Good luck.

aww ya poor thing! sorry to hear it! :( :( :(

if you need a job i need an assitant cos ive got a mountain of work i cant be bothered with :D

all the best to you on finding something new!

bomb the place! - good 'ol moffmo! :D :D :D

if you need a job i need an assitant cos ive got a mountain of work i cant be bothered with :D

Heyyy good thinking.... Jaxx's PA! :thumbsup:

What are the prospects in the role? Whats the salary like? What benefits do you offer? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links