Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replaced Engine In An Imported Mr2

justyna

hi

Basically i put a uk spec engine in my japanese mr2 import now its acting like a 1.4. I took the car to toyota and they told me the engine is fine! It was brand new any way but they gave me two fault codes 10017 an 10024. On checking out these fault codes i realised there could be up to ten possible faults relating to each code.

The symptom that the car is exhibiting is simply that when you put your foot down sometimes she goes sometimes she doesnt she just picks a rev between 1-5 n normally 3 and stay there anything from 3-15 seconds and then takes off. This is intermittent but on a regular basis. The car drives ok as long as i dont try to go fast in a hurry!! does anything obvious spring to mine could it be the injectors. Help please

mabe the car speaks japanese and the new engine speaks english and they cant understand each other :lol:

sorry :help:

what engine have you put in was it a 3s-fe?

did you swap ECU's too?

I take this is Mk2 NA to Mk2 NA ?

The engine is from the 1zz series. I am baffled I checked the injectors added a cleaner checked the airinduction for leaks etc stil no joy. engine light still persists! I have only done about eight miles since i put the injector cleaner in. They needed it! thaks for your help any more suggestions

Weve come across a simular problem on a MK3...... it was solved when we cleaned the mass air flow sensor - give it a try.

Matt.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links