Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Post Your Spoiler

RichB

Ok, so the MR2 Tubby will be here inside the next month... However, I kind of feel it's a little understated, I want people to look at the car and think 'look at that obnoxious w :censor: with that spoiler' and then power away from them thus proving being obnoxious with the right car is great!

So, Rev 2 - what spoilers look good; and how easy is it to fit one based on the removal of the old one and if you remove the side pieces (on the rear 3/4 panels) do they need filling and respraying also? Or are there any that are sympathetic to these bits, and won't require their removal.

I quite like the Veilside one?

if it's anything like my '91 car then yes, the side bits will have to be welded up.

be different, go with the coupe look, or the TRD2000GT spoilers look absolutely amazing!

all depends on what kit you're gonna go for lad.

This one fits with the original side bits and gives it a far more agressive look....

01.jpg

What do you think??? Looks better when painted....

Matt.

Matt... you should write all thanks to Jim !!... lol

The above spoiler ( Type A ? ).... lol. Autopista Style spoiler is good. I was going to have it on my car originally, but then I changed my mind.

I now have the rev5 spoiler.

When changing from rev1, 2 to rev3+ spoilers etc.... You need to remoce the spoiler, remove the side parts also. Holes in the bootlid need filled and the holes in the side need filled. No welding tho.

I got a rev3 bootlid which meant less hole filling. Pretty straight forward job any body shop can do.

Also... I have the rev3 spoiler sitting in my cupboard downstairs if you're interested ???

Basically any spoiler apart from the one Matt posted will need you to have the bootlid/sides worked on.

This is yet another thing i want to do but im worried that you'll be able to tell where they've filled. Can you tell without having to have a full on respray?

If the job is done well, then no you probably won't be able to tell, you shouldn't see the filler. The only problem might be matching new paint to old, faded paint.

A decent bodyshop will do it so you can't notice. Don't go cheap. The filler will sink if not done properly. The paint match will be fine as they'll flick the paint through the rear quarters.

...Hi Dame! ...yep thats what i was trying to get at. I wish i could afford a full respray! But as jims found out, it seems to chip easily?

personally love the Type A / Autopista which is what I had on the old car, will be looking to get another when I get my next 2, will also be looking for Autopista skirts again lol...

Where I'm not a fan of the Autopista .. I don't like the way it uses the stock rev1/2 blocks ..

I'm not a great fan of the stock spoilers either .. all too small and look fragile ..

This one fits with the original side bits and gives it a far more agressive look....

01.jpg

What do you think??? Looks better when painted....

Matt.

Matt

When are you putting the painted pics on the website??

I sent you them ages ago.

+ the pics of the painted fins. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Russ

RMG Developments

I have the stock type III like John R HOWEVER.....lower Tom's is in the works and will be on the car towards the end of the year :D

Toms_lower_spoiler.jpg

I also like this one:

BEST_MR2.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I love the combo of the small and big toms spoilers ..

I quite like the Rev3 one, but it's not quite lairy enough to get those grannies whinging.

I think I may go for the Type A one, as it compliments the lines of the car - without me having to Shell out for masses of other bodykit as £££ are tight at the mo (after heap big MOT on the old Motor).

When are you putting the painted pics on the website??

Sorry Russ its something I will try to get round to soon....

He's only small but he scares me!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links