Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Your Favorite Road?

jerry phipps

So guys and girls whats you favorite bit of road. For me its got to be the A421 off at junction 13 of the m1. You have about 2 miles of single carriageway. And then from nowhere theres a mile of dual carriage way. At this point everyone is really ***** with all the heavy traffic so everyone really goes for it. You can get up to some really hair raising speeds over taking all the slow moving traffic before it returns to single carriageway again :(

In that mile or so you are really happy that you are driving something that can out accelerate the slower moving traffic :D

GOD BLESS TOYOTA

jerry!!

There are some fantastic roads around the Lotus place at Hethel in Norfolk, can't remember the names but like Tony the Tiger said :They'rrrrrre great!"

:blink:

I like country roads - I find thats where the yaris really excels it's self. Althought the TS is faster than most other everyday cars, which do make up a large percentage of cars on the road, driving something sporty like the TS seems to attract the attention of the other more sporty cars on the road - who the start to play - I find you can give most things a run for their money on the country roads, but on the open dual carriageway its not worth bothering.

I have a lovely drive in and out of work each day, some nice blind turns, and a couple of near hair-pins !

Steve.

Not sure of the road name but there is a great stretch through the Brecon's 'B' road, normally no traffic to worry about although ocasionally the sheep get in the way which can be a pain and as of yet I have never seen any police up there :D :D :D

There's a great stretch of road on the way to Edinburgh which dips and climbs for several miles. You can hit some speed going down and when you hit the summit you haven't a scooby what will be on the other side.

Another road which is great for driving is the A9 from North of Edinburgh across the Highlands towards Inverness. Not great for overtaking if you hit traffic until you find a stretch of dual carridgeway, but fantastic scenery. Watch for Speed cameras everywhere.

Yes i know the A9 very well. Also i find the Lochness nature trail road is a nice road. Full of hair pins and lovely windy road. Just great to drive down on a nice summers evening :D As i used to do long distance lorry driving. Before i agreed to stay in the warehouse. I sometimes miss the open roads especially in the summer.

jerry!!

DORSET

BAD POINTS

no motorways,

GOOD POINTS

lots and lots of twisty country roads, low traffic levels, no speed cameras and understanding police that understand the need to go fast.... :D

dan

Dan Where abouts in dorset do you live? Near the coast or inward.

jerry!!

Nice area dan. So you are near the sea. Do you surf :D

jerry!!

only the net! lol, no the surf not good here, u need to go further down the coast for that. its a seaside town that comes to life in the summer.

dan

Used to drive around there when i used to truck. Now sadly i stay in the warehouse.

jerry!!

On a nice clear day you cant beat the M1 from junction 1 to about 4/5 and if its really clear you can push to J6 come off and hammer the minor roads, but if its not clear and people who no longer love their cars decide to put them into the scrapheap in the sky the M1 becomes the road from hell. Yes i love my journey to work.

Peter (yes i do have a name.)

i agree theres some great little roads around dorset, spent several years working in westmoors and spent 99.9% of my time living in weymouth.

but a really excellent road has to be the road from the A10 at Buntingford over the hills down to Baldock........amazing twistys, steep bends with all kinds of cambers, i used to race bikes over there in the sumer months....in a car

when you come off either end of this road having pushed it...your pumping.

but its highy recomended to drive it a couple of times slowly to get used to it

i think its about 15 miles long

Sounds like fun :D

jerry!!

hey dan.. what about the road from Blandford to Sterminster... you could jump the car over the steep hill ... wicked road.. took a gilfriend over their once and the car came off the ground and we both hit our heads on the roof (inside not outside :lol: )

They have now smoothed the peak of the hill off now.. you cannot jump it no more!

We used to have a van full of work mates and we would jump it every morning in the van and we would end up in a right mess!

Good thinking Jerry. The roads arond Loch Ness are fabulous also as is scenery. Staying in Scotland, do you know the road which runs through Glen Coe, Ben Nevis down towards Loch Lomond and eventully winds up in Glasgow? Great drive last November but got stuck behind heavy traffic for over 30 miles. Saw a lone piper on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Anyone else seen him. Who is he? Why there?

My favourite road is the one which takes me home from work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Hi gordypix. About scotland i love the A9 when you go through Inverness on to wick. About 2 miles pass inverness you can see the oil rigs. And further along you will come across this bridge which is really low and long. It almost looks like you are driving through the water. I was staying in a log cabin in Tain. A stones throw away from the sea. Very nice :D

Great road!!. I like inverness in the summer as it remains light all the way up to 10.45/11.00pm. I still cant believe that it remains that light. Putting it straight scotland has got some of the best driving road around :D A must for all driver who like to give there car a real workout!!!!!

jerry!!

I totally agree with you last comment Jerry. Scotland has got some seriously good drives. Must go up to take a look at Wick sometime. Maybe this summer.

Yes mate. You should. Then you can report back and tell me if it has changed ;)

jerry!!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm down in Dorset to My particular fav is the the saisbury plain rds my bro live in a village out there and the roads are fantastic some good downhill stuff as well :D

My fav roads are ones with NO SPEED CAMARAS on !!!

I have this terrible feeling I got clocked doing just over the ton on the M25 !! I'm so gutted as over 100 is a ban. I've been banned for doing this before I got banned for 6 month for doing 102 in a 40 zone :( about 8 years ago in a triumph dolimite !

this time it wasn't my fault my Yaris T sport just wouldn't slow down he just wanted to go faster and faster!!

Kaz

Hi kaz Hope that you dont get banded as the poor yaris will be very lonely for a year or so. 100 mph you will probably lose your license :( Let us know what happens ?

Also you have sinned you confessed that you own a triumph dolimite ! you are damned :angry:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links