Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Exhaust!

System~G

I've just had my new back box fitted. It's a "universal" Rage SP12.

Due to already fitted custom pipework the back box had to be custom installed and welded in place. The lack of space meant we couldn't bend the pipe work to the best desired position, but the overall look wasn't too bad in the end. B)

The box has a 5" muffler and a removable bung which can be "tuned" for note depth and loudness. B) I haven't had a play yet :!Removed!:

It's a lot quieter than the piece of crud through-flow that was on there :D

All in all I am well chuffed with it :D B)

Before:

953e69f4.jpg

5b6da8ef.jpg

After:

0ad8ef45.jpg

db6bce96.jpg

6d1155dc.jpg

Whoo Whoo! B)

Little pipe in a big pipe ? ?

bet your relieved at the sound reduction LOL...

i'd be inclined to hit up the small pipe and center with some VHT matt black ;)

Little pipe in a big pipe ? ?

bet your relieved at the sound reduction LOL...

i'd be inclined to hit up the small pipe and center with some VHT matt black  ;)

:unsure: You've lost me there mate :unsure:

:(

:lol:

Or am I being thick? :D

EDIT:

After thinking what you said - I got it! B)

The bung (small pipe in big pipe) was still just in place after having fitted it. I have been running it without the bung fitted and it's still much quieter with a deeper note B)

I will only fit the bung for long motorway journeys or when Nicola is in the car with me on short motorway journeys :D

Edited by System~G

ha haa didnt realise the small pipe was the bung, seen afew of these now and just thought WTF ? why wrap a big tube round a small xorst... kinda makes some sense now... :)

Looks FAT!!!!! :drool:

How much did it cost ya?

My Powerflow 3.5" S/S backbox cost cost me £170.

The rest of the S/S system cost another £160.

It's quite interesting watching them make it. They remove the old one and then get bending with the S/S until it's and exact replica! Takes a few hours though! :thumbsup:

Looks FAT!!!!! :drool:

How much did it cost ya?

My Powerflow 3.5" S/S backbox cost cost me £170.

The rest of the S/S system cost another £160.

It's quite interesting watching them make it. They remove the old one and then get bending with the S/S until it's and exact replica! Takes a few hours though! :thumbsup:

I got the back box only direct from Rage for £113.00

It was welded onto the existing custom 3" pipework for an extra £45.00 by my mechanic.

I would have loved to have the budget for a full replacement system, but it just isn't about at the moment. Besides the custom work isn't too bad back there. It was all that was visible that was horrid :wacko:

I have jsut returned from a long weekend down south and the long motorway gave me ample opportunity to let me hear it properly.

Without the bung it is just a little too noisy with reverberation going through to the bone and becomes a bit annoying after a while. I stopped at the services and put the bung in but tuned "open" and it was much better but still droned on a bit @ 80mph a bit.

Today on returning to Northampton, I shut the bung completely so it was only the small pipe and it was dead quiet. For the first time in my ownership of the car I could hear the wind noise and tyres B) :rolleyes: :P :D

Now that I am home and not doing motorways - out comes the bung (to upset the neighbours :D :lol: :P )

I found that mine was !Removed! loud when I drove away from Powerflow. After 2 or 3 weeks it seemed to calm down a bit. Dunno why?

Mine also drones like mad at 80ish mph. Good job i've got a loud stereo.

Driving to somerset every now and then can be a chore with that noise though.

Might have to invest in some ear plugs!

That exhaust looks da business!!!

I replaced my exhaust with a mongosse system, which has a wicked note, it too is noisy on motorways but calms down after 80. For me the best sound is the original exhaust you cannot beat that man-you want to hear it everyime you push the car

I found that mine was !Removed! loud when I drove away from Powerflow. After 2 or 3 weeks it seemed to calm down a bit. Dunno why?

Mine also drones like mad at 80ish mph. Good job i've got a loud stereo.

Driving to somerset every now and then can be a chore with that noise though.

Might have to invest in some ear plugs!

thats because the carbon build up inside the pipe is helping i bet your using 3" pipe, its just too big for a stock N/A 4age and its probably robbing some available power, a properly tuned exhaust on a n/a 4age (48mm) will get louder up till about 70mph (3500rpm) then drop off totally as you hit 4000rpm to almost silent running :) but should never 'drone'

the idiots that built my first powerflow made it sound like a club singing Nova ?, it was awfull, i went back 4 times until they got it right.... !Removed! novices.

thats because the carbon build up inside the pipe is helping i bet your using 3" pipe, its just too big for a stock N/A 4age and its probably robbing some available power, a properly tuned exhaust on a n/a 4age (48mm) will get louder up till about 70mph (3500rpm) then drop off totally as you hit 4000rpm to almost silent running :) but should never 'drone'

the idiots that built my first powerflow made it sound like a club singing Nova ?, it was awfull, i went back 4 times until they got it right.... !Removed! novices.

No, it's only a 2" (50mm ish) pipe from the downpipe to the backbox with a 3.5" tailpipe. The back box is one step down from the Jap style (if you weren't deaf already you are now type). That might be why it drones alot. It is at it's loudest at 75-85mph. It does go quiet after that speed though. But for fuel economy on long motorway journeys it's best to stay at 70-75 mph isn't it?

For info I used Top Gear in St Albans!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links