Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Edd China leaving Wheeler Dealers

Konrad C

Edd China has announced he is leaving Wheeler Dealers. To me he was the best part of the show. I loved watching the mechanic repairs, all the stuff I have done or would love to do. Mike Brewer was the buyer seller, a bit like Arthur Daley. Here is Edd's announcement:-

When there was the threat of Discovery being off Sky, Wheeler Dealers was the only show I mainly watched. With Edd being replaced by Ant Anstead, plus Edds reason which I agree with, how long will the show go on for?

It's funny that Ant is replacing Edd, because I saw them on the same stage at the 2015 Classic Car Show NEC, along with Mike Brewer and Fuzz Townshend.

IMG_4378.JPG

Fuzz Townshend, Ant Anstead, Mike Brewer, and Edd China.

I wish Edd all the best for the future and look forward to see his future projects.  

• Sad 1

Shame he's leaving.

Mind you his leaving announcement was a bit like a speech from the Oscars - bit too long.

It popped up on my YouTube feed, genuinely gutted about him leaving. I loved watching the program as I found it by accident years ago. It was from watching Edd talk about various parts of the car, issues and the fixes he'd do it gave me confidence to try and work on my own cars. So I've got a fair bit to thank him for.

Nothing against Ant Anstead, I think he was good on For The Love Of Cars, but really you could have the Pope on there and it wouldn't make a difference: It's the process of the transformation of the vehicle from a rust bucket to a working machine that makes the program. If this is being cut down, or corners are being cut, then the show probably won't continue.

Mike Brewer is good, although quite annoying with the haggling. "You know me, I'm a Wheeler Dealer", well I don't care because it's a matter of the course for you to want a cheaper price on a car. There's no skill in that, that's a confidence thing. The bread and butter of the show is the mechanical process. That's what we tune in for.

• Like 1

I for one will not be watching, Its all about the cars and Edd was a great presenter and mechanic, Mike is fine but Edd was the show...  Shame its all down to the almighty dollar

• Like 1

Listening to Edd's YouTube video you can see the way it's going. More product placement, less focus on mechanicals etc.

I'll be switching off without Edd. 

Ugh, it's so irritating how these big companies buy up such niche shows without any idea of why they are popular, and then remove the bit that makes them popular.

I only really watched the show for Edd's bit - Mike I find mildly annoying most of the time, although his industry contacts have been enlightening (e.g. I didn't realise how cheap it potentially was to rebuild things like turbos and gearboxes, not to mention places to buy or even custom build obscure parts!)

Edd's tips and tricks on various fixes and parts, and his opinion of the difficulty rating to amateur grease monkey, are something you don't really see anywhere else, esp. with him actually doing those things so you can actually see how to do it!

I'm glad he posted that video to set the record straight with actual details rather than the 'Moving on to other projects' boiler plate that all others involve mention, so we at least know what to expect.

Like the post ClarkMayHAm TG I'd give it a chance but if it's anything like the Brewer-only Trading Up series I doubt I will be watching it for long,

Still, maybe now Edd'll have time to finally make that record breaking AWD hybrid sofa he was always talking about! ;D

TBH, he could probably just record highlights of the day-to-day work at his garage and I'd still probably find it interesting!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links