Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 3 Head For 3s Ge

Dame

Hi Guys,

You may recall that I'm currently restoring an L reg UK MR2. The problem is that one of the plug threads has been stripped. Considered getting it helicoiled, but due to the position of the plug in the engine, it looks like this will be an exceptionally difficult task. Therefore, I am considering the option of replacing the head. I don't need all the attachments, just the basic head with four good plug threads will suffice. However, I would have thought these are quite rare, but does anyone know otherwise? Matt do you run into these at all at Rogue Systems? If someone does have one how much will it cost me? Which other cars did the rev3 3SGe appear in, I would imagine Celica, but anything else?

P.S would a Rev 2 head fit (I believe the blocks are the same), and if so how much would I have to change i.e. ECU etc?

Cheers :)

Don't worry guys, change of plan, weighed up the pros and cons and decided to replace the whole engine, no point in flogging a dead horse - the current engine has done 194,000 miles and I feel it's only a matter of time until it would need replacing anyway. I guess it's off to Fensport for one of their replacements with a nice guarentee.....

Hey ppl, on the subject of swapping heads, which heads will fit which block? Igot a Rev 1, so is it only Rev 1 heads to fit Rev 1 blocks? Or are they all universal? Cos am considering getting another head to have ported and stuff. Just wanna make sure all heads and blocksare same or not. Fanx.

urotsukidoji_badassdemon - I'd recommend only replacing with the same model and revision engine. There's nothing stopping you gas flowing/porting the head etc for your Rev1.

Hell of a login name... I guess you must have your PC set to log you in automatically! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links