Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've Been A T*t

jimma

Does anyone know if there is ANY way to find out if you've been pinged by a gatso. Went thru 1 today slightly over! 1 which I knew was there but just 'forgot' :( Is there a way to find out, cos I wasnt aware of any flashes.

youll generally see the flashes regardless of the time of day as it usually flashes in the mirror and blinds you! :D

best way to find out is sit on the door mat and see if a speeding ticket is deposited through the letter box

seriously though i dont think there is a way to find out, its a waiting game more than anything

could take a gas axe to the gatso just to make sure? :lol:

I've got a better idea, instead of waiting for the ticket.... go and sabotage the gatso - BURN IT!!!!

that way the film inside will never be recovered :D

I've got a better idea, instead of waiting for the ticket.... go and sabotage the gatso - BURN IT!!!!

I would but they are all digital these days so no more of this 'only 10% have films in them' business. It sucks the fat one, gonna burn the t*at down anyway!

can you film it please, would love to see that!!

So long as your not a copper! :D If you are the above mentioned post was a joke, honest (ahem)

yes, just incriminate yourself further jimma - and capture the destruction on film..

why don't you perform a tribal dance around said gatso whilst it's burning, and make primal noises whilst you're at it!

yes, just incriminate yourself further jimma - and capture the destruction on film..

why don't you perform a tribal dance around said gatso whilst it's burning, and make primal noises whilst you're at it!

What, you mean get bladdered first!!!! :)

I'll just say "Don't be stupid your honour, it's a 1.2 Clio, it DOESN't go over 30!!!"

can you film it please, would love to see that!!

So long as your not a copper! :D If you are the above mentioned post was a joke, honest (ahem)

have put an application in to be one, but no not at the moment!!

What, you mean get bladdered first!!!! :)

I'll just say "Don't be stupid your honour, it's a 1.2 Clio, it DOESN't go over 30!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

So the general consensus is wait and see. Trouble is the 2 week notification rule is out the window becauese its a leased co. pool car, so they will have to contact Renault BF first, who will have to contact my company who will have to contact me, by which time I will be redundant and ask them to prove it was me driving!

i read somewhere that if youve been flashed you have a 1 in 4 chance of a letter being sent to you. I can vouch for that since I've been flashed many a time (not more than 6-7mph over the speed limit at the time though) and havnt had any letters most of the time. I think they dont bother if youre within 5-9mph over the limit. After that is when the 1 in 4 chance kicks in me thinks.

I would but they are all digital these days so no more of this 'only 10% have films in them' business. It sucks the fat one, gonna burn the t*at down anyway!

cut it down and nick it then u can post some pics on here!

lets have a look at everyones cars breaking the speed limit :D :wacko:

How much over were you? Most speedos show about 5-10% faster than you are travelling plus I think there is a magin of error on the cash machines.

Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

How's about " Yer Honour, I was doing exactly the correct speed by my speedo. I'm always very careful about that :lol: My speedo is all I have to go by & I can't help it if the speed camera shows differently. There is no law saying that the speedo has to be calibrated against a Gatso" ! :wacko:

Here in Ireland they've being throwing out cases if the accused didn't get a print out from the gun! :thumbsup:

Following on from that, does the "Cheetah" anti radar device work for Gatsos everywhere? I asked Toys for Boys this before I parted with a couple of hundred+ In stg. Didn't get a reply & they are usually most helpful. Anyone know? :help:

Here in Canada it's actually legal to drive without having a speedometer in your car; however you must know your speed - that way arguments about your speedo being incorrect or non-existant don't work.

My point was that you were probably driving slower than you thought you were plus the Gatso will be set slighly above the limit so you may be OK.

BTW, Ive had a radar detector and a GPS based system. The detectors can't detect Truvelo or Specs cameras. Go for GPS based systems every time. I use a Cyclops but there are many on the market.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today my 2 week notification period is UP :P , I know I gotta add 2 days for post and a few days for them to trace me as it's a work/lease car :( .......What you reckon, give it 1 more week and then tell them to get stuffed?

so none of them are infa red?

You say it was a leased company pool car that you were caught in?

If this is the case - chances are the police may follow it to the leasing company and in rare cases (if you were going insane speeds) take it to your company for further chasing. Inform your company of your worries so that when they get contacted by the old bill, they say they have no records of anyone driving the car that day. The company then will be expected to pay the fine, but no-one gets issued with points B) You will then only have to pay your company the money for the fine :D

It's been rumoured some of our drivers have got away with this at our company before :D

Be careful with that one though, as the fine the company could face could be huge ;)

We have a fleet of at least 375 vans across the country and by law we have to keep a record of who is driving each van at any given time :thumbsup:

I might be wrong but whoever is deemed in charge of this procedure, ie, managing director etc is liable aswell :(

Be careful with that one though, as the fine the company could face could be huge ;)

We have a fleet of at least 375 vans across the country and by law we have to keep a record of who is driving each van at any given time :thumbsup:

I might be wrong but whoever is deemed in charge of this procedure, ie, managing director etc is liable aswell :(

You are not wrong there, Daz.

In my company's case the initial fine wasn't much and seeing that in a single day there can be up to 5 people driving the same vehicle, it will be hard to proove exactly who was driving at the time. I suppose they were lucky to get away with it. Twice...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links