Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bl**dy Inchcape Derby

Braindead

No offence intended - it just looked so strange that a dealer should join up and put a first post up and then a few minutes later another person joins up from the same town and their first post is also in defence of the dealer.

Even odder that they both have the same IP addy, so i had a look :D

Netname- *****-*****-Inchape

Descr- ****-* IP advantage subnet for Inchape

Nice try fella's <_<

wooo hoooo wooo hooo hooo hooooo (ring any bells <_< )

you'da man inspector Ken :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Listen,

I replied to an issue a Customer has had with Inchcape Derby.

I need no defense, as I am not denying the circumstances around Mr Newton's experience. I would ask any Inchcape employee's not to comment on here, and to contact me internally, as you are not helping the situation.

Please disregard the other Inchcape person's comments if that is the case.

Everyone is now aware at the Centre here, as I held a meeting this morning with the General Manager regarding this whole issue, then my Serivce manager (Mr Carl Parkes) and team.

I hope you all accept my comments as being genuine I am keen to use this site and its member's comments to not only create a positive impact on the way this Centre operates, but also learn from the feedback, what Toyota owners expect.

Thank you once again,

William Johnson

Customer Services manager

Nice reply Will and well put :yes:

You held your hand's up, admitted their was a mistake and are going to great length's to try and make sure it doesn't happen again and i do believe you are genuine in what you are saying :thumbsup:

As for your other employee i take it you had no idea on what they was doing and ask all member's to disregard all comment's made by said person,

Ken

Hey Will

I accept that you didn't know about the employee posing as a genuine user.

Trouble is it's people like this that we are dealing with and cause the complaints - people prepared to lie and deceive customers -

Ken would it be in order to let Will know who the employee is ?

Thanks for the reply Will. Well done!

I suspect we'll never meet as I stick by my comment that I won't use the dealership because it was the dealership that tried to sell me an Avensis demonstrator when I wanted a Prius and also couldn't service my Prius.

I suspect part of the preception problem stems from the days when the dealership was mann Eggerton. They had a dire reputation which is hard to shake off. This didn't help.

You many be interested in the fact that it's going into Inchcape Burton on Friday but only because Ron Brooks couldn't do it for three weeks and I've just gone over 10k. BTW they quoted a different price. I'll be looking for some proof that 5W30 went in and not the bulk 10W40.

Thanks again for the reply - you did the right thing! :thumbsup:

is the car industry changing into an airline ????

why do we need a call cenre for booking a car i for service ??? :eek:

what is the next thing ? Move it to India??

i'm sorry but i think you are wrong doing it like, cause you will loose contact with the customer.

I would not do it this way. not for 50 quid + per hour.

what the customer wants is that they know him by name, what he is in for, and what car he drives.

My pet hate is uncaring dealers. like a certain dealer in somerset, who sells car where the oil level is too low, the idiots don't even check it before it goes on the forecourt.

just my thoughts

rickers

what the customer wants is that they know him by name, what he is in for, and what car he drives.

When I ring my Insurance people up, they know me by name (and where I'm ringing from.), my account number, car details.....loads of stuff. They are a call centre and I've never met them. :unsure:

On a dealer front though, My local Toyota dealer knows me by name and what I drive. This is due to the fact that I'm in their parts department about once a week.

The best way to get the personal touch is to go there....personally.(IMHO)

Anyway,

Nice one Will for taking the time to respond. Your input is greatly welcomed here! :thumbsup:

Rich

I am not aware of the situation regarding Mr Newton coming into the Showroom to buy a Prius and then trying to be 'sold' an Avensis(!), but I can understand why that would create negative feelings towards our Dealership.

Regarding the Call Centre, they are our staff. They use our Computer system, and they know all of our Customers by name, reg, chassis number, history etc.... It is a very professional service which is, as I have said before a 'pilot' scheme.

I believe that being transfered straight through to someone who will help you is far superior to being put onto hold, or waiting to receive a return call indefinately. I understand that no-call back can happen a great deal in the Motor Trade generally! In a perfect world, every call could be handled instantly, but I have learned that as a customer, you expect to be treated with as much time as is individually needed. This means whether it is a 30 second phone call or 25 minutes, the customer expects/deserves as much time as they need to get everything 'right' for him/her. It is not a Call Centre with targets to finish in a certain time etc... They are employees of Inchcape Derby, that represent Inchcape Derby in the same way that I do, and are expected to treat every customer in the same courteous manner I would expect myself. It is very personal, and no extra charges are made on the phone system such as some Call Centres. The Customer is transfered internally from our Dealership, and in most cases, wouldn't even be aware. The call is only put through if there is no-one is available at our Service desk at that particular time. We have also found that when a Customer physically visits us, they now have a much more 'immediate' and welcoming service. We now allow greater time for each visitor in order to ensure that we offer better Customer Service. The Call Centre has already helped by freeing up extra staff on the 'front desk', to enable us to do this.

The feedback is very good from our existing customers, but I appreciate all of your comments or worries regarding this move. As I have said before, we are learning. We will abandon the Call Centre idea and seek an alternative route to get to the better Customer Service if it transpires that it is not working out effectively

Thank you all for taking the time to comment, I really apreciate it and I look forward to any further feedback you feel may help improve our Customer Service.

Kind Regards,

William Johnson

Customer Services manager

Working in a callcentre there will always be positives and negatives, although our company has millions of customers we try to give as personal a service as we can and don't have the luxury that Derby can, I think implemented correctly could offer them a major advantage as callbacks can be missed and messages missed but with the call centre structure you have a much better chance of getting through to someone who can help and go from there....

Give them a chance....

Now for Inchcape Burton!

Good points:

• Staff were more friendly despite me giving them a hard time (see later)
  • Correct oil used (see later)
  • Car nice and clean
  • Oil level correct
  • Technician available

Bad Points:

• Didn't know price in advance - depends on amount of oil used apparently.
  • Were going to use bulk 10W40. Had a five minute "discussion" on the subject. Pointed out I wanted the car serviced as per Toyota manual.
  • Correct oil not stocked apparently....had to order out. Came in a Toyota bottle though....strange.
  • Charged for screen wash (minor point)
  • Service booklet not stamped - had to go back.
  • Boot cover not fitted back properly (minor point)
  • Some oil spill on cylinder head (minor point)
  • Not convinced I got my TOC Gold Card discount - no mention of it on invoice.

Verdict - better than Derby but a way to go yet. Would use again if I was feeling lazy but tempted to try Ron Brooks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links