Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easiest Tweaks? 1992 Jreg Corolla Gti

Gushido

Newbie! Can you all help?

Hi, Just purchased the above car and have been thinking about induction filters (If so what would be best? Any Chipping advice/Makes or models) and am wondering if they may cause problems later on? (Not that engine minded) Also what are the quickest safest ways to improve BHP to start with but can be added to/Modified at a later date. Have money to spend. Any recommendations for a starter newbie!?

Regards,

Gushido

Yep, stage 1 mods should be fine - Filter, exhaust, chip etc...

Just make sure you get the proper induction kit that can take the sensors and an exhaust the is not too open (the car does need a bit of back pressure).

130 odd bhp at stock then with the above mods you could 150 odd +

Any more than that, you'll be looking at big money - Supercharged/Turbo Engine conversion B)

An idea would be to improve brakes (especially front) and a nice set of coilovers couldn't do harm either :)

Some more experienced guys will probably be along shortly and have some more/other idea too :thumbsup:

no worries, its a tried and tested route....

1) exhaust... as close to 48mm (inside diameter) as you can find.

2) induction kit. K&N 57i has proved most reliable best bang for buck (on my 4age)

3) Fuel regulator/pump

4) Vernier gears

5) Camshafts but no larger than 272' duration on either.

6) ECU upgrade

in that order to get the very best from each one, as they all affect each other, I.E its no point fitting a chip and having the car tuned only to change something further down the line and needing a retune later :)

3) Fuel regulator/pump

What made you do this? Is the stock item insufficient/poor quality?

I only ask as the hesitation problem I am getting can't be ignition related as in the last two months I have replaced sparks, dizzy cap and rotor arm. I have re-checked the spark gap twice and the leeds look fine (relatively new).

Someone on another forum suguested it might be a sticky injector?

But do you think it could be the fuel regulator/pump that is causing this hesitation?

if you've increased the breathing capabilities you can benefit from a little more fuel, the easiest way to achieve this is fit a different fuel pressure regulator.

The idea is to make the entrance to the return fuel pipe smaller than stock which creates a 'bottle neck' effect at the end of the fuel rail (where the original FPR is situated) and therefore you end up with more pressure in the rail (and pipe etc), when the injectors open the increased fuel pressure means you do get a tiny bit more fuel forced through, normally enough to cope with de-restricted air intake, if however your running larger duration cams, to allow enough extra fuel in you will need larger CC injectors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links