Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems With My B.o.v

Markturbo

i was driving my car today it was fine then suddenly with no prior warning the B.O.V stopped working properly you can only just about hear a hist of the B.O.V instead of the normal loud woosh sound, the turbo still boosts just past 0.5 on the boost gauge usually its half way between 0.5 - 1 but the spool up sound has gone aswell any suggestions please as i don't know nothing bout these cars :eek: p.S the car had the turbo rebulit bout month ago and has been worknig fine

check the BOV hose .. mine came loose occasionally .. I ended up making a new hose ..

which pipe is that and would that cause it to under boost and the spool up sound to disapear

the one that goes to the BOV .. mine also makes a loud hissing sound when it does this ..

But if you are not getting any pressure build up it could be another hose ..

well i had a little look can't see any loose hoses when you rev the car to 4-5 revs while standing still it only goes pass the 0 a fraction on the boost gauge is this normal

In Neutral?

In 2nd gear the stock guage should go over the + sign ..

The connection on the hose may look fine, but they are quite frail sometimes and split - this happened to my old Calibra turbo - it split right up on the BOV, easy enough to cut away the offending section and replumb.

i took the B.O.V off to have a look and the piston in side it is so stiff i can just about push it down i wouldn't of thought it should be like this so i'm thinking of just putting the toyota valve on when i get one or would everyone recomend another B.O.V

depending on what sound you like, I would go for either the HKS SSQV or the Blitz DD Super Sound Bov.

I've got the Blitz on the car, but have also had the HKS one. Both the same, just different sounds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links