Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Rise Lights Fitted At Last...

Jesus

Job done. Bit fiddly getting the top cover alignment spot on... but got there even through the showers.

Well chuffed.

lights1.jpg

Cheers Matt. :thumbsup:

wow! looks brilliant mate. Now i know how it would look on my car, am seriously considering saving up for them too after seeing that lol. nice one mate :thumbsup:

Thank you mate. I've 'ummmmmed' and 'ahhhhhhhhed' for a long time about getting them... and then just did it.

Just hope I can see where I'm going tonight now! ;) :lol:

!Removed! 'ell ... :o

Looking good man.. i like.. i likes a lot!...

how hard were they to fit? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliments.

Instructions were pretty good... but I had a lot of help from a 'mechanically handy' neighbour... my man from Nissan!!! :D

That is very very nice mate! gets rid off those "old looking" stock lights!

good job!

Thanks Razor.

Just been for a drive in it in the dark. ****** me! How bright?!!!

Quality!

I had some made up by Compomotive. They measure 17 x 7J on the front ET35, and 17 x 8J on the rear ET35. I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 all round. Front - 215/40/17, Rear 235/40/17.

The centre caps I was given were pretty flimsy pressed aluminium, so my mate made some out of carbon fibre for me [which was nice]! :ph34r:

Hmm, hope the lights have the same effect on my car .. that looks class fella .. :)

I'm still not decided if I should get them or not.. is it a big job?

how long did it take you?

Cheers Bibbs. I'm sure they'll look equally impressive on yours. ;)

JappyBeast, they're perfectly flush when closed. When they're down there is absolutely no difference to before I fitted them. It does take time and patience to get the lids perfectly in line... but it's worth spending the extra time getting it right.

It took me about an hour to assemble the 2 units on Friday... I took the old lamps out on Saturday morning which took about an hour... and then fitted them and aligned them which took about 2 hours I guess.

Before you start, sit your car in front of a wall and mark where the stock beams come to with different coloured chalk... for both dipped beam and full beam. Make sure you mark exactly where the car was parked, so if you move the car in the process you can put it back in the same place. It just helps getting the lighting aligment close to what it was. Not sure how spot on they are, but they were exactly on the marks on the wall for both dipped and main. Guess I'll find out come MOT time.

:thumbsup:

what does the kit consist of, cos im looking at small lamps like these for a "project" on my Lex.....

how mucho?

Looking good fella..... glad to hear everything went smoothly, they do look far superior to the stock units and you can see far more at night too..... bonus. I'm liking the alloys too, are they a one off or can anyone get them....

M.

%$( nice lights m8 looks well good! Matt those wheels are Compomotive MO's my bro has em in white finish (come in silver,white and black)in 17s on his car. Thing is they are strong but heavy wheels. Plus youll be surprised at thier price they are not cheap. Cost my bro £1200 roughly I think for a set of 17x5"+average tyres.

They only look good in 17" form tho.

lookin' lush! :thumbsup:

likin those lites lots and lots!

*hm, deffo need to start saving... and keep away from Topshop me thinks... :unsure: * :P

lol MissMR2! :D

Pizza Boy is right... they are Compomotive MO, but if you want different width on front and rear you have to put in an order. Best to speak to Barry who is the MD/owner of the company.

After I'd searched everywhere for similar wheels in different widths for front and rear, I finally gave Compomotive a call. The MD happened to answer the phone. Before I knew who he was I told him what I was after... he told me he could do exactly what I wanted and with any choice of tyre for £980. Without patronising him, I questioned if he had the authority to make such a decision, to which he replied... "I should hope so... I own the place!" Boy was my face red! :huh:

They should have been nearer the £1300+ mark with the size wheels I had and choice of tyre.

If you go any larger than 17" the MO become 6 spokes instead of 5... which you may have seen on many Mitsi Evo's and Skylines (R32's).

They will not look like that on any car as the offset etc determine how deep dished the inside of the wheels are.

With regards to them being heavy... they are slightly heavier than normal... but that's because Compomotive make wheels for rallying and hence need the strength. Fensport's Corolla, with the 3S-GTE engine in, was wearing exactly the same set up today down the drag strip at Santa Pod. I have a set of Rays Engineering forged 16" alloys (16 x 7.5J) which are lightweight and I can't say they have made that much difference in terms of acceleration... but that's purely subjective (...or is it objective :wacko: ).

Jimlad... I promise I won't 'copy' you if you go for the £1000 xenon upgrade of Matt's! ;)

'tis true! .. Topshop takes all my money... :(

*quickly hides the Topshop bag with her new top in it...*

.. but, i say, - i cant have a sexy car, and not try look sexy myself, so its

all good! :P

:lol:

Cut that store card in two!!! Good point though.

:lol:

lol, i dont even have one of them! :P which is very very good going for me! cos id be a GOLD member by now if i did! :lol:

see, my theory goes like this - Hugo gets something nice and new, so i need something nice and new. :thumbsup:

so hes had a lot spent on him in last few weeks, so it was only rite i bought myself a nice new little top for summer. :P :D

But must say, when he get sout of bodyshop on friday, theres gonna need to be money spent on my beharf to catch him up! :P :D

oooooooooooooh...

see, my theory goes like this - Hugo gets something nice and new, so i need something nice and new.

...so does he pay twice or are you MissIndependentWoman too?! ;) :lol:

You seem to have the same kind of logic as my missus! :P :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links