Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A Trd Sports Thermostat...

Jimlad

It took about 20 minutes to fit it on my car. You don't need to drain the system either mate... as long as you 'massage' out the air bubbles. You will lose a little coolant. Get the car up to operating temperature and keep slowly pouring in coolant... a little at a time.

Keeps the car a lot cooler. Starts cooling the motor at 79oC instead of 89oC (or is it 73oC/83oC). Either way, it starts cooling the car 10oC sooner than stock. Keeps the oil temperature down as a result of the cooler engine... and also lowers the charge temperature by dropping the engine bay temperature... which results in more reliable power. It's all good.

Give me a shout if you get stuck mate. :thumbsup:

Copy cat... ;) ;) ;) :D

ok.. not got the car back because they said the thermostat was a bigger job than they thought. Will have it back tomorrow at 10am.

muppets.

They most prob drained the system.... Grrr

Not impressed. Did they say why it was a bigger job than they thought? Honest to God mate... 20 minutes.

I hope they're not charging you per hour now! ;)

Not impressed. Did they say why it was a bigger job than they thought? Honest to God mate... 20 minutes.

I hope they're not charging you per hour now!  ;)

I dunno... I'll find out tomorrow.

I did go to them with a few other things etc.

They were fitting an uprated actuator ( which can be tricky ) and also investigating a strange noise for me. Oooh.. and fixing my funny idle problem.

So if I go back tomorrow morning and it's not all fixed, I'll be kicking butt !

Like most garages, they probably didn't even look at the car until 2pm or something !

I'm sure it will all be fine mate. Nice effort on the uprated actuator. You'll have to let me know how it goes. Considered doing it also. You should hold higher boost now and get less wastegate 'creep'.

How much did you pay for it?

I got it from fensport.

£100 + VAT.

The garage was on about setting the boost level with it ?? Didn't know what he was on about. I thought they would just fit it and the unichip would do the rest.

I'm confused.

I'm sure you may have read it before buying it, but this explains the basics...

.: Uprated Actuator :.

You may very well need a re-mapping session once it's fitted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links