Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota F1

vadcblue

team should be ashamed of themselves, I cannot believe a team with an unlimited budget like Toyota is not at all competitive...even against a nominally financed team like Jordan

The answer is simple in F1 these days....Horsepower wins

maybe, but its takes a lot of people to make up a modern F1 team, and it takes a great deal of effort to get everyone working together as a unit. An example is BAR, they have a massive budget, an ex world champion and power from Honda who have an excellent F1 pedigree, and they still haven't achieved anything of note. Give it another season or so and I think Toyota will be a force to be reckoned with.

:D

The important thing to remember with any new F1 team is that it takes time to get used to working as a team and to get all the different componants of the car to work well togther.

I think it's pretty amazing that points have been scored already in their first season. There are teams who have been around years that haven't had the sucess Toyota has already had. And the big teams that are often leading have been around years.

Give them a chance. I reckon next season they'll at least be competitive with the likes of Jordan and possibly Williams. Ferrari will take a lot of beating.

And I don't think the choice of this years drivers is the problem. Having witnessed McNish on the Goodwood Hill this year, he's got the ability but he's had the typical English drivers luck so far.

• 1 month later...

can a baby run before it can walk? NO. f1 is the top of the top, thousands of a seconds is the difference between 1st or 6th, 10 points or 1. nobody could even be expected to come into a sport and start winning. as i work in a toyota dealaship we get the press relises before and after each gp. at the start of the seson they said there mission was to test. nothing more nothing less, watch next sesson if you want to see toyota to do well, but then they will not get close to the likes of M.S!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links