Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to remove the stereo head unit

kaliope

Great video Paul. It helps if you have the correct trim removal tools, as shown in the video too.

I bought mine from eBay, and found them very easy to use. The pronged one is especially useful for the fan speed knob!

4x Professional Pry Tool Kit Set Opening Interior Trim Panel Removal for Toyota

• Like 1

Good job, Paul! :smile:

There are a couple of YouTube videos on this....BUT....None are as good, clear and as easy to follow as yours, Well done, Buddy.

I am with both you @kaliope and you, David ( @fordulike ) in that I wouldn't try this without the correct tools as you might just damage your dashboard if you use the old screwdriver or blunt knife technique and I got my set from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009YDZ3TM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OK, I had to wait about 3-4 weeks for them to get here from China but it's worth the wait, and for £1.66 with free delivery, you can't go wrong.....I am baffled as to how they can produce, sell and send stuff half way around the world for the price of a bottle of Newcastle Brown! :wacko::ohmy:

Thanks again for the "How-To" video, Paul.....You really are good at these, you know!

All the best. :smile:

P.S. I never used to dare buy anything from China (Through Amazon or Ebay) but the Wife of a mate told me I was being daft, she had ordered loads, saved a fortune and never had a problem (Apart from having a bit of a wait for delivery). I have to say that the 3 or 4 things that I've been brave enough to press the "Buy it now" button on, have all turned up and  been good quality, so she was right!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links