Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox stuck

Vokara

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice. Our Toyota Aygo X-play is a 2016 manual.

I was driving from work the other day when this happened. If I remember correctly, I was in 4th gear and slowed down to approach a mini roundabout, selected neutral when stoped and then 1st to move off as usual. As I went on to select 2nd gear in the turn, the gearbox got suddenly stuck. I tried to move to neutral/any gear, no response and I believe the clutch also didn't seem right. After turning the engine off and on again, thankfuly it got unstuck with a loud click and I could select 1st gear.

It seemed okay for the rest of the journey though I was driving with extra care. Any ideas what might have happened and should I be worried?

Thanks in advance!

As it's under warranty, I would take it in to a Toyota dealer, explain what's happened and let them check it over. That way it'll be on record and you'll be extra covered if it does break down.

• Like 2

Moved to the Aygo club.

Thanks for your reply. I am hoping it was just a one off incident and won't repeat but I might get it checked.

Hi Petra, assuming you bought it from a Toyota main dealer then you should at least tell them about it so it can be logged into their computer system, it gives you more rights if it happens in years to come I believe. Mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links