Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time Table

Bizarra

Flying into Birmingham (BHX) on Sunday at 8.15 am to pick up A '91 Toyota Corolla Exec. Sellers are meeting me there with car fuelled, oiled, watered & tyres done. Will have all the bumph with them.

Have to check in at Holyhead by 2.00pm, for the ferry. Have downloaded the AA map & directions. They reckon it is 175 miles & a 3.75 hour journey. I have always reckoned that their journey times are optimistic.

Assuming that we get underway by 10.00am, at the latest ,does anyone think that it can be done in a strange car (13 years old, not modded) on unfamiliar roads & in a (to me) unfamiliar country. It means an average of 40 mph over 4 hours. Not much leeway for getting lost & other little Problems!!

Answers on a postcard please :o

hmmm

depending on what type of roads you gonna be travelling on, and if you try to stick to the motorways then id assume you would do it in just under three hours at the most IMHO

just have a very good idea of what roads to be on and where to turn off etc etc.....

and keep a copy of the directions and a map with you in the car

Thanks mate,

I have the print out of the AA map & their directions, & have a horrible feling that they are country roads going through every village & hamlet! Not any mention of motorway. Think I'll try to change to the later ferry. Have time to stop for a bite. :thumbsup: :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links