Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Space In Vvti Roadster

Noble

Hi all :)

My other half is looking to get an MR2 Roadster vvti but with such little luggage space to offer I'm not sure it'll be right for us. So my question is:

Has anyone come up with a way to get/create more luggage space with the Roadster?

I know that you could ditch the spare wheel under the bonnet, but for long weekends away I'd rather keep it there 'just in case'...

cheers

yeah, ive added the new MR2 on the 'possible' list for my new car.. a bit concerned about space though!

Thanks for the link Kiwi, it's worth considering. But what about stops at services etc. You'd have to take the luggage with you I'd imagine or else some scumbag would pinch it.

I'd probably need a more 'secure' luggage solution. Is there a way to make the space under the bonnet bigger? Has anyone got any other solutions too?

cheers peeps

The secret with the Roadster is to be creative. I've crammed in enough luggage for a 2 week holiday into mine, you just have to be carful how you package it. Yo can get 5 or 6 full tesco carrier bags in the rear compartment, and a fair amount in the front too. More if you remove the spare and replace it with a can of tyre weld!

There is an occasional group buy for a bespoke luggage set on MR2-ROC, you get three custom bags that you can cram until the seams are bursting, and then they neatly slot into the luggage compartment utilising every cubic inch of space. Very efficient indeed... I never used mine though, so I sold them on...

no mate, one of the major pitfalls unfortunately :angry:

twin lockers behind the seats glove box and storage bin at the front, which if you want to keep the spare in there its basically near enough full. I've changed the 55mph spacesaver for a full size rim and that fits in there fine

I've managed a week away on my own no probs, and also hung 5 shirts behind the passenger seat (even with the top down :eek: )

I think that may have been a booboo on the part of mr T, once they did this they were competing with other cars of the type ie elise, vx220 (and now turbo) and of course there wasnt the perfomance to go with the impractibility

(until the turbo kit ;-) )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links