Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Injectors/fuel Rail Price

veilside_mr2

Hi,

just got a quote to fit 880cc injectors, fuel rail, walbro fuel pump and an apexi s-afc.

Got quoted £544+ vat.

This seems very expensive to me?, is it?

is that with setting up the car on rollers or just bolting the bits on and blasting down the nearest dual carriageway with a stethoscope?

it was from TDI. Ive just got a MUCH better quote from Thor Racing lol. £250ish, now thats better.

bear in mind mate that you'll need a proper fuel management system such as motec or a unichip. the apexi-afc is NOT gonna be enough to control the larger injectors

really? ah crap, thats not what ive been told :(

<the spuds of lurrrrvve>s lol, yet MORE money :(

All the SAFC can do is dial back the injector duty by 35% which considering the size of your injectors will still leave you with horrendous overfuelling, especially at idle.

Why are you going for such huge injectors?

What sort of bhp figure you going for?

On a rev3 750cc injectors should be workable with an SAFC, or on a rev 1/2 650's...even the 650's should flow enough fuel for 400bhp

Otherwise its EMS time - link is probably cheapest...or Motec if you've got real deep pockets.....

Cheers

AdamR

Just figured bigger would be better? Every tuning garage ive spoken too hav said the set-up seemed fine? But the last thing i want is to buy the injectors and the s-afc just for them to be useless :wacko:

God I hate engine tuning, I should have stuck to styling and ICE, less hassle lol.

it was from TDI. Ive just got a MUCH better quote from Thor Racing lol. £250ish, now thats better.

that sounds a pretty demn good price to me (Thor)

yeah thor seem really good, just offered me 650inc vat to provide the greddy e-manage ecu with all the harnesses etc and set it all up on a rolling road with my new injectors and fuel pump etc.

Nice

now that is good! took myself and a friend all day just to wire in the E-manage and profec E-01 digital boost controller with all the bits and bobs (pressure sensor etc)

do you know if they've tuned greddy stuff before? as I could do with a good tuning place for when I make various changes

I'm gonna be getting my eManage & profec e01 set up at Thor once its in.

They seem pretty good - only heard positive things about them so far :thumbsup:

Yeah they have m8, he seems to know his stuff. They have quoted a crackin price to my mate for settin up the power fc too.

Whats this profec E-01?, is it that boost controller with the green screen?

How much is that?, Does it work together with the e-manage?, may have to get one.

Yes mate, the Profec e01 is GReddy's boost controller - it links to the eManage via a usb cable, and then you can use the profecs controller and screen to adjust your eManage.

Seems like a good setup for people who dont want/cant afford a full engine management system.

Which is why I've got it :thumbsup:

Cost wise, I think you can pick up e01's for £399ish?

That sounds really good, although once uve added the price of that and the e-manage plus all the harnesses and settin everythin up, probs would have been cheaper to get a full ecu replacement :wacko:

Oh well, still may get one, where have u got ur screen installed?, is it double din sized?, would it fit in the double din centre console where the cd player is? I dont think i just want it plonked on top of the dash.

its exactly the same size as the 'road pilot' radar detector if you've seen one of those?

Heres mine (Profec) , I have it in the mk. 3's jdm nav pod

IMGP0196.sized.jpg

Friend of mine had his fitted at JPS Performance in Milton Keynes and then it was supposedly set up/tuned at Thor.

Well he got the mota back at the weekend and the profec was connected but not set up at all?? dont honestly know if that was Thor or JPS's fault, but one of them didnt really know what they were doing with the profec (I had to set it up for him)

He's now worrried about his mapping as apparently they didnt have the greddy diagnostic software either, so theres no way they could have tuned it without the profec being set up properly or the software.

Hope Thor are experienced with greddy and it was JPS at fault because I would love a local place to get my greddy tuning done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links