Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

98 Corrola

corrolaSR1998

How do you go about removing the standard front door Speakers in the 98 model corrola SR? finding it hard to even remove the door card? help! :wacko:

I'm currently making a guide for the removal of front/rear Speakers in the 98-00 corolla, since i've done it quite easily.

Give me a few days and it'll be done :thumbsup:

For now, basically what u do is remove the screw on the inside door handle, slie the handle towards the front of the car and pull out, disconnect it from the lever. Remove the arm rest with a taped flat head screw driver, then remove the 2 screws underneath it. Remove the 2 screws from either side of the door trim (unscrew with 2-3 turns, and pull it out). then using a taped flat head screw driver, run it around the edge of the door trim till it all pops out. Then lift the door trim up and out. :thumbsup:

The Speakers are pop riveted in the door. (the actual speaker is glued to a metal holder, this metal holder is pop riveted). I was thinking of removing the actual speaker, and !Removed! new Speakers onto this metal frame.

Speaker size is 13cm for all 4.

thanks a million!! :rolleyes: should be able to change it now!!! putting in clarion components i think!!

Soory to be askin for even more help,,, but...i see that you have a sub/amp in. having had a quick look in my engine bay , it looks like it could be a hassle to get the 12v wire (to the amp/from battery) through the bulk head. all the other cars i have put audio systems in had lots of small holes in the bulkhead, and were easy. dont want to drill.? <_<

• 3 weeks later...

I got that the front Speakers are 13cm, do you know what size the rears are please? I've done my share of Custom parcel shelves in the past and and now going for the boring option (standard fit upgrades)

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links