Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

N/a Gurus?

Rookey

I was dropped on the head too many times as a kid i think mate :lol:

Basically, If someone has said i can't do something, then i try my hardest to prove them wrong. I will put the time and effort into this engine no matter what now :)

Its going to take me a long time to complete this project me thinks, but refer back to this post when im done :D :thumbsup:

I appreciate the info aswell guys, atleast now it gives me a starting point, because i know hardly anything about engines, thats probably why im so persistant as i dont REALLY know what im getting myself into! I will post up more questions this time next month when my pay arrives!lol :lol:

Dave!

I would argue that with using N2O is still normal aspiration, not FORCED aspiration - e.g. compressing air and forcing it into the engine using a turbo charger or supercharger.

N20 is just a highly combusable fuel source and to be honet, the ONLY way to realistically build a 300bhp N/A.

Personally I think you are seriously wasting money doing it....!

well in that case mate.. just fill the tank with AvGas rather than petrol from Esso/whoever...

As long as you've got seriously strong internals, and dont mind melting the odd engine block it will work, and get you closer to your target!

I think that N2O is so easily available - and not too expensive it is a sensible way forward - if not the only realistic way forward for a 4 pot low cube NA engine to make 200bhp +.

A decent progressive controller will avoid the engine blowing itself apart with massive hits of Nitrous.

To put it into context - I know a chap that ran a 13.3 at the pod a couple of weeks ago in an old Nova GTE that he bought for £400. The only addition to the car was N20!

A 13.3 is quicker on the strip than a stock MR2 Turbo - and that was on a ******* old banger, not a sensibly modded 3SGE engine. I appreciate the Nova is a significantly lighter car, but it shows what an improvement a squirt of the giggle gas can do.

The only thing that puts me off the ol' gas option is the fact that its not constant, every time i use it i will need to go a refil the bottle etc. And knowing me, if i got something like that then i would more than likely start going through it like petrol.

Dave!

I dont think the 3sFE engine is the best one to start with, like bibbs says a later one would be better...

Basically, If someone has said i can't do something, then i try my hardest to prove them wrong.

I bet you can't give me the £700 a month and still get a good engine built .. :D :lol:

I admire the determination... but there's a point where you may have to realise it might not happen.

Honda have produced the NSX with around 280-300bhpish from a 3 litre, 6 cylinder engine... and Honda really know what they're doing with NA engines.

If you go down the route of forged internals, balanced crank, wild cams, polished and ported inlet manifold and head, decat pipe, ported oil channels, uprated oil pump, oil cooler and so on and so forth you will be able to raise the red line... but don't forget you will be shifting your power band from the current 3000-5500rpm [approximately] to 7000-9000rpm [approximately] which is no good unless you will be driving everywhere with your foot planted. It just won't be driveable as an everyday car. Using the power band example... your car may only put out 140bhp @ 6000rpm and 300bhp [for example] @ 9000rpm after all your mods, so if you come up against a chav in his Astra GSi he'll beat you if you don't have enough room to build the revs up to your 9000rpm optimum limit. In short, your current car would be quicker to 6000rpm than your 300bhp beast would be.

I know you're probably getting wound up by this thread by now, but some of the guys on here really do know what they're talking about so it might be worth taking advice.

If you just want to prove a point by getting your car to 300bhp then why not put in a 3 litre NSX engine (and no... it's not possible, but don't go and prove me wrong on that now! ;) )? That's no different to using a stroker kit to change your capacity to 2.2 litres. It kind of defeats the challenge if you're increasing the engine size.

I do wish you every luck, but don't want you to spend all your money and end up dissapointed.

Please don't take this thread the wrong way. It's not to have a pop at you, it's just to help. :)

I agree with you mate, we are not in the business of ****** on peoples bonfires, but this challenge although extemely admirable is a little far fetched.

I think you should go for a turbo conversion if you want power - you have obviously spent a lot of money on the rest of the car, and it's time to finish the job with a proper engine! £3500 buys you a mint min 240bhp fitted. And for the sake of a grand or so more you will be seeing the good side of 300-350bhp easily.

Now that will ***** all over your friends motors and no mistake.

True, it was i suppose just a nice idea to do a Nasp engine as everyone is turbo these days (not that its a bad thing, just wanted to be different :D )

Anyways, I have a good month and a bit to think on it anyways as i have to fork out for the wheels, gaz shocks, and a bit of body work first! :lol:

Dave!

£1500 for the engine and £1000 for fitted from Revision 6/ Rouge Systems mate.

Matt is the man to speak to, hes on here a lot too! I would go down that route if you want to shut your mates up!!!

Basically, If someone has said i can't do something, then i try my hardest to prove them wrong.

i bet u cant give up on this project. i dont think you can give up!

get the drift fella :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links