Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti 16v

HappyGilmore

I just picked up a Corolla Gti with MOT and TAX til December, Thought I could get some profit out of it for 50 quid! Its mechanically sound but is pretty well rusted! Around the Sunroof, The arches and The tailgate are the worst bits, Any enthuisiasts around that can give me some hints on how to !Removed! it up to look nice again?

replacing the

pretty well rusted! Around the Sunroof, The arches and The tailgate are the worst bits
would be a good start :D

Rash.

yup...

buy all new panels....

if your going to do it, do it right and do it once to save grief later down the track.

Replace the lot then? I've got a new tailgate waiting for me anyway, Suppose i better get on the ook out for front wings!

Replace the lot then? I've got a new tailgate waiting for me anyway, Suppose i better get on the ook out for front wings!

New front wings are only about £65 each. :thumbsup:

For the rear arches you'll probably have to get the whole arch cut out and then weld new fabricated plates back in. Get them galvonized first so they won't rust again. Wish i'd done that to mine, the rust started coming through again after a year.

The same for the roof!!

If the boot lid is second hand check it V carefully for any tiny rust spots as they'll grow V quickly. If it's new, you've got no worries. :thumbsup:

the sunroof will be the hardest thing to sort, as toyota still charge about £300 for the panel, and good used ones dont really exist

Hi a new member here. Just found the website as i was passing by. I remember Nad's site but it closed afterwards, so it took me a while

I have got a black toyota corolla gti h reg, mint all I have done is put a Mongoose exhaust and a set of 15 inch dark grey suppra leggras Oz alloys. Now this problem of rust, on my car the rear arches r mint. The only rust I have a is a very small surface rust patch :thumbsup: on the nsf arch, small bubbles on the sunroff size of a 20 pence and small surface dots on the osf top windscreen. What is the best way of getting rid of the disease

Cheers

:thumbsup: B45h

For the rear arches you'll probably have to get the whole arch cut out and then weld new fabricated plates back in. Get them galvonized first so they won't rust again

Do you know of any companies that make plates for the rear arches, I'm going to a scrap yard thats only has Jap cars at the weekend so I'll see what I can pick up for the rest of ther car.

For the rear arches you'll probably have to get the whole arch cut out and then weld new fabricated plates back in. Get them galvonized first so they won't rust again

Do you know of any companies that make plates for the rear arches, I'm going to a scrap yard thats only has Jap cars at the weekend so I'll see what I can pick up for the rest of ther car.

I don't mate. Your best bet is to phone round your local body repair shops / coach builders. The coach builders will be the better option as they will do classic car restoration and will have all the kit the bend and shape you some new arches. It might sting your wallet a bit but it won't rust again for along time!! :thumbsup:

Maldon Auto Panels have weld in arches they're a very good replica, i have them in mine, putting them in takes time dont rush it.....

B4SH...

the best way to get rid is to strip the paint off for at least 2" around the rusty part, grind out the rust then paint with kurust, let it do its thing, Prime and repaint then LAQUER over the repaired sections for extra protection.

If you have small holes form rust grind it right out place a copper sheet underneath and hit it up with the welder, the weld wont 'stick' to the copper but will quite happily fill the small hole in the panel (only use this technique on pinholes, if they're bigger then cut a small plate out and replace the rusty area.

Thank Unity John

For the above mentioned work is it d.i.y or from a garage cause can do some work but don't want to risk damaging the bodywork myself. Saying that there are alot of COWBOY garages about. So do any of you lads know of a decent garage especially in the North - west, been to all of the COWBOYS, CAN'T FIND A GOOD ONE..

Thank Unity John

For the above mentioned work is it d.i.y or from a garage cause can do some work but don't want to risk damaging the bodywork myself. Saying that there are alot of COWBOY garages about. So do any of you lads know of a decent garage especially in the North - west, been to all of the COWBOYS, CAN'T FIND A GOOD ONE..

Might be worth asking on General Discussions. Loads more Toyota owners look on that board! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links