Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Love Toyota?

charlief

I'm a Toyota devotee.

I'm a Yaris driver and love my car, but can't really put my finger on exactly what gives it the inexplicable edge over say a Golf or Clio.

What is it about Toyota? Is it (just) the cars? Or is there something else about Toyota the manufacturer which sets it apart??

Help! I need to understand my obsession.

they just kick ***** man!

Welcome |BTW - just us in the Yaris Section for godly advice and tips, while we further crack the case of WHY?

yes, this is a good time to talk about limits...

You can love your car... just dont love your car!*

*paraphrased from Truth about cats and dogs

Toyota, I have a great deal of respect for the marque.

My car, well just read my sig, we have a love hate relationship!

at the moment its looking like the relationship is in its closing stages!!

i really like my car and i like the fact its well build and different.

but this dosnt mean i would ever rule out owning a non-toyota car :thumbsup:

Hmm. Don't think I would go as far as loving my car...

I just realised that I drive cars made by a manufacturer I know nothing about - doesn't it seem like an incredible level of blind trust given the possible consequences?

Toyota = Best cars full stop! :D

Rock Solid, Class, Reliable, Economical, Safe, Cheap. Since i have bought my Supra i have fallen in love again :drool: , something about the MR2, Celica and Supra that just make you wanna sigh and smile :D

I'm a Toyota devotee.

I'm a Yaris driver and love my car, but can't really put my finger on exactly what gives it the inexplicable edge over say a Golf or Clio.

What is it about Toyota? Is it (just) the cars? Or is there something else about Toyota the manufacturer which sets it apart??

Help! I need to understand my obsession.

I can understand you. I've allways loved my cars, for what they were and represented to me at that time.

Toyota represents a status, a way of life that everybody wants to get. Simply as that, Its not ordinary, because there is a culture behind the brand.

I think that its not crazy to say that we maintain a relationship with them, 'cause in my case I've spent the best moments and worst moments in my life with them. I take care of'em and they give me reliability, confidence and many other things back. If you dont, they will certainly leave you in the middle of the road in a winter rainny night....

Cheers

Coyote "car lover" from BA

Argentina

PD: And NO, I dont make love to my car, is a platonic thing...

in like jap cars in gereal over any of the other stuff out there

not particularly devoted to toyota but they make some damn fine machines and they have a massive following!

With the Yarii I guess it's the digital displays that give them the edge over anything for me!! ;)

Coyote, I think you're right.

Maybe what I'm struggling with is that I am not sure I know what 'Toyota' stands for or means, or even if that should matter.

It's just that when I think Renault, I think French engineering, when i think VW I think reliability. But what about Toyota?

Coyote, I think you're right.

Maybe what I'm struggling with is that I am not sure I know what 'Toyota' stands for or means, or even if that should matter.

It's just that when I think Renault, I think French engineering, when i think VW I think reliability. But what about Toyota?

Leeky said it

Toyota = Best cars full stop! 

Rock Solid, Class, Reliable, Economical, Safe, Cheap.

More clear, mix it with water!

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Talking about Europen Cars, i Used to love Opel and VW, but they did a few fouls lately like the 1.7 TD/DTI engine on the Astra and so many issues i heard on the Polo. I won't menion Peugeot cause I really hate them :ffs: , and FIAT suck altough they really got some nice designs. :drool:

Toyota really are great cars! When people ask me which car i ordered, and i reply Toyota, their facial expression changes a bit. They get kind of amazed by it! Actually i never thought that my first car is gonna be a Corolla and i'm so glad about it.

A few weeks ago i was talking to this guy who happens to be a manager at the Renault local dealer in Malta. When i told him that i'm getting a Corolla he replied that Toyota are one of the best, if not the best, car manufacturers in the market today. :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago i was talking to this guy who happens to be a manager at the Renault local dealer in Malta. When i told him that i'm getting a Corolla he replied that Toyota are one of the best, if not the best, car manufacturers in the market today. :thumbsup:

they are and they will continue to be since they are by far the most future techonology active manufacturer today. Theyre miles ahead of most european manufactures in hybrid technology and i wont doubt for a second that they'll produce the first hybrid supercar!

they are very good but really do need to be kicked into hear and start producing some quality sports cars again

not dissing the likes of the gen7 celica and mk3 mr2, but they arnt a shade on original supras, tubby mr2's and gt4s!

also they should start getting some of these tasty examples over here that we will never see!

they could diminish the opposition more or less!

A small game for anyone who wants to humour me!

I'm still struggling with what Toyota means to me (beyond the functional - reliable, quality etc. - all the things which we know and love).

So, how would you summarise what Toyota means to you (or the Toyota model you drive), dare I say, emotionally?

That might be too easy, so let's make it 10 words or less...

Can anyone enlighten me?

Toyota now? Boring

Toyota of the 80's and 90's? Sffordable sportscars

I think the Supra/MR2/Celica's of the late 80's and into the 90's are now the best bang for buck cars out there ..

what Toyota means to you (or the Toyota model you drive), dare I say, emotionally?

My car is a projection of my personality .. loud and brash :lol: as any of the people at !Removed! will tell you ..

My car is a projection of my personality .. loud and brash :lol: as any of the people at !Removed! will tell you ..

i would tell you :lol:

Bibb's car is a projection of his personality .. loud and brash

I am not sure I know what 'Toyota' stands for or means, or even if that should matter.

How about.

Transport

Of

Your

Own

To

Amaze

(copyirght GIDDLEPIN) :D

Toyota now? Boring

Toyota of the 80's and 90's? Sffordable sportscars

I think the Supra/MR2/Celica's of the late 80's and into the 90's are now the best bang for buck cars out there ..

have to agree!

toyotas of today are extremely good

but not a patch on the afore mentioned vehicles

Well to me it means money, both now and future pension. It also means frustration and fun, friends and foes, passion and ****** off.

It's a hard company to love, but impossible not to respect. That said, I am sometimes amazed it works at all being so huge and bureaucratic. But the proof is in the results - richest by far and growing to be biggest by volume too.

I have previously worked for Austin Rover, Peugeot, BMW and Cosworth and I can honestly say I wouldn't go back to any of them in preference to Toyota. Indeed, there are few places I would move to.

Perhaps not too surprisingly, there aren't that many car fans in top jobs within Toyota. It is a engineering, sales and marketing company, not a fan club. That's why decisions like saying no to V6 MR2 can be taken (it wouldn't have sold any more and just cost more).

One of the reasons I like looking here is to hear from fans of Toyota, to be reminded that it is not all cold, hard logic, but each car can be someone’s passion.

Scott

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links