Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speeding Ticket

chocka

I've just got a notice from the police for a speeding offence on the motorway, I was caught by one of the mobile van units (the ones with the back door open).

I don't know if was me or the wife driving and the police notice states that a photo cannot be produced unless you go to court.....how do I go on, would they have a photo? Is there a defence against this?

:help:

I believe they MUST provide u with a photo. That is the evidence. Otherwise u could accuse any1 of speeding.......

look for titto on the members list and send him a PM. if anyone will know it would be him - being a copper and all.

good luck

PM sent CHOCKA.

There isnt a requirement to use photographic evidence to my knowledge, dont forget NOIP's are sent to the registered owner of the car. As such, you are responsible for your car and who drives it. The point of the NOIP is to establish who was driving the registered owners car at that time on that date. You are oblidged, by law, to explain who the driver is.

Photographic evidence is used on some, this is just additional evidence as to what the driver looked like.

(i think when i was caught, i was picking my nose...)

If you do know who was driving, you have to fill it out, if you dont, seek legal advice, or speak to the central ticket office or the traffic department at your local police station - dont forget, this sort of thing has been happening since 1988 when the Road traffic Act was brought into effect.

Good luck mate!

Titto

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links