Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Superchips

b45h

Hi, just a couple of questions for the guru's at TOC

What will a superchip do to my AE92?

R there really big gains to be made?

Will it affect the mpg?

Will the Chip decrease engine life?

Just thinking of buying one cause 4AGZE is out of my budget at the moment.

Many thanks

B45h

It'll give you an extra 5-10bhp

:bookworm:

You'll feel the car pulls alot more at 4500rpm and it'll pick up quicker lower down the revs. (just what i've been told by other members)

You'll probably notice a slight reduction in fuel economy, it depends how you drive it!

It won't decrease the life of the engine if you treat the engine with respect and service it regularly. I do mine every 3 months or so cos of the milage I do (about 350-400 a week)

I am currently saving to get one from http://www.fensport.com but brakes are first on my agenda.

It'll set you back about £200 + VAT.

You might want to think about getting a performance air filter first. Fensport do them as well. I can highly recomend the JR filter they do. (about £30 + VAT) :thumbsup: You'll notice a difference in bhp right away and they sound wicked at 4-4500rpm and makes the engine raw like mad at over 5000rpm.

Cheers Toymota

Just wanting advice before purchasing. On the subject of Air Filter, not really bothered about it before, car picks up strong would it really be worth it to get a performance filter, what about the Ramair foam filter from Fensport it looks like a straight swap for the normal one. Droves a mates civic vti with a performance filter - was not impressed.

The only problem I have is the brakes they squeek and judder even though I changed the discs (front) and pads (Front & Rear) when I got the car last year.

That is one week area in AE92's the brakes!!!!!!!!

B45h

tbh superchips are pants, there non mapable so dont really take into consideration the car or other mods you've done, at least with chips such as the unichip the chip is mapped to the individual car and its mods so the mapping best suits the vehicle...

its not worth fitting any chip unless you can program it yourself, its only worth fitting a chip after you have updated everything from filter, fuel, intake, cams and gears... then its worth doing.

It should be the very last mod to your engine.

Cheers Toymota

Just wanting advice before purchasing. On the subject of Air Filter, not really bothered about it before, car picks up strong would it really be worth it to get a performance filter, what about the Ramair foam filter from Fensport it looks like a straight swap for the normal one. Droves a mates civic vti with a performance filter - was not impressed.

The only problem I have is the brakes they squeek and judder even though I changed the discs (front) and pads (Front & Rear) when I got the car last year.

B45h

Don't know about the Ramair one. It will almost certainly let a bit more air in the engine but it's still restricted because of the pipe leading from behind the headlight. It's not the widest pipe in the world!

The brakes are cr@p on the AE92 mine fade like mad at the mo. Ordering some Brembo 10 groove discs £121 and some Mintex 1144 pads £55 on payday! Those should stop her alright!

So what should be the next stage of my car.

I have already got a mongoose exhaust, should really be thinking of a performance filter. What about regards to sparkplugs already use standard NGK ones what about the performance ones from Fensport, r they really worth it. Need to sort out the brakes. Got the fluid changed by Toyota.

Wil suspension help improve the handling, if so r Koni's @ Fensport the best choice?

What about sensor that is connected to the air filter box where does that go when u fit a performance air filter? which filter, K&N, HKS, TRD, Apexi?(sorry about all the questions new to this moddin lark)

First when I got the car I wanted to keep the car standard cause it looked nice as it was, but now have caught the bug.

Where r u getting your brake discs and pads from? I was thinking of getting some Green stuff pads for the front and orginal pads for the rear from the dealers.

If your looking at a chip, get a dastek :)

can be re-mapped and set up very well, I'll be getting mine on the rollers for a tunning session soon

Kev

What about sensor that is connected to the air filter box where does that go when u fit a performance air filter? which filter, K&N, HKS, TRD, Apexi?(sorry about all the questions new to this moddin lark)

First when I got the car I wanted to keep the car standard cause it looked nice as it was, but now have caught the bug.

Where r u getting your brake discs and pads from? I was thinking of getting some Green stuff pads for the front and orginal pads for the rear from the dealers.

I have my air sensor strapped to the side of the filter.

Fensport do a Blitz induction kit which has a hole for the sensor in it, but it's over £100.

Go with which ever one you wnat. The most expensive isn't always the best!!

I'm happy with my JR filter, especially for the price!

Can't remember the name of the company off the top of my head. It's on my work CPU. Not in till monday now. Will let you know. They do green stuff for £35ish. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Cheers Toymota

B45h

I had the same problem with my brakes, have the wheel alignment done, have the wheels balanced on the car, and check to see if maybe one of your wheels are slighly buckled

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links