Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Blue - electric mirrors?

Ella75

Hi, I am a new driver and I know completely nothing about cars. I am thinking of buying Ago Blue reg 07 but I am a bit confused a bit. All other Aygos blue I checked have manual mirrors. This one according to the description has electric mirrors. I emailed the seller but no reply yet.I am wondering whether the description is not accurate or maybe there are Aygos Blue with electric mirrors?

My second question is about adding rev counter. Does it affect insurance, I mean does it count as modifying a car? I would think so?

Thank ou in advance for help and advice :-)

Ella

Hi Ella and welcome to the board. :smile:

As far as I know, and I'm about 98% sure of this, NO model of the Mark one Aygo range came with electric mirrors.....Something I was pleased about last year when somebody cracked the housing on mine in Sainsbury's car park.  I got the whole thing replaced at my local (Independant) Garage for about £25-£30....If the mirrors had been electric, you could have probably added another £100 to that.  I have learned my lesson now and push the mirrors in, up against the door glass, every time I leave the car...It becomes second nature after a few times.

As far as the revcounter goes, then, as you are a new driver, I would guess that any modification is going to affect your insurance.  A revcounter can be fitted to some Aygo models as the wiring is alrady in place, behind the speedo and a revcounter kit can be bought from your local Toyota Dealer.  However, it is fairly expensive (about £150, if I remember rightly for all the bits and then you have to fit it and cut a notch out of the speedo surround....Not something that many of us would like to do as the first job on our new car!

I keep banging on about the "Torque" app from Google play store if you have an android phone and if you get that (There is a free "Lite" version or a paid for version for a couple of quid) and it has a revcounter on it which is very accurate.  You will need an OBD2 bluetooth adaptor such as this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Bluetooth-ELM327-OBD2-OBDII-Android-Auto-Diagnostic-Car-Scanner-Tool-Switch-/222043489240?hash=item33b2d2c3d8

Which you plug in under the steering column and if you have a phone holder at eye level, you can connect the Torque app to it and have a revcounter....Without affecting your insurance....Happy Days! :wink:  As your phone is removeable from your car, it's not "part of it", if you get my meaning. (I've mentioned the app a few times if you want to look back at my other posts by clicking on the "Green A" to the left of this one)

If you do buy the Aygo, I'm sure that you won't regret it as it's a great little car....For new drivers and us...err...shall we just say...more mature drivers.  You will get plenty to the gallon, it's fairly nippy around town and can pick up it's heels on the motorway.  Servicing costs are good, parts aren't expensive, it's reliable and, most of all...It's a fun car to drive and get some experience in with.

Tell us how you get on, Ella...All the best and Good Luck. :smile:

Thank you for quick reply. The whole deal seems to be a bit too good to be true to be honest. Quite a low mileage, good price, good specs but yeah, why only this Toyota has electric mirrors? And this car is not on the dealer official website, it is only listed on Auto Trader. A bit weird. I think I will keep looking :-)

hi Ella75

here is a link for a rev counter and cowl

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C1-REV-COUNTER-COWLINGS-PEUGEOT-107-TOYOTA-AYGO/332425369715?hash=item4d66189873:g:nUQAAOSwGkZZceVM

i would remove the cowl in the car to double check you have the required cable fitted in the car before you buy a rev counter

its only a couple of screws to remove to check this.

just make sure what ever rev counter you buy that it hasnt come off a diesel version .

Hi Ella,

After your last post regarding the Aygo on Auto Trader, I had a look....To be honest it wasn't difficult as I just put in "Toyota Aygo Blue" and refined the search with "Electric Mirrors" and came up with one result:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710100156812?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=bb89dd&make=TOYOTA&aggregatedTrim=Blue&sort=sponsored&model=AYGO&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&keywords=electric&radius=1500&page=1

Is it that one?

If it is, the mirrors are manual as you can see the adjuster in one of the interior shots.  The weird thing is that it states that it has alloy wheels as well, which it doesn't...Those are Wheel Trims and it doesn't have traction control either.  To be fair, if it does have full service history (Ask to check the book) and it looks as good in the flesh as it does in the photos, then it's a good little car at a fairly decent price.....Don't forget, if you have no Part Exchange, you want a discount and if you can use the mistakes in the advert to get more money off it then use that to your advantage.

However...Don't fall in love with it  (Until you've bought it) or get carried away as there are loads of fantastic little Aygos out there and you will have lots of choice once you get started.  To be honest, half the fun of buying a car is the actual search for the right one.

Good luck!:smile:

The advert carries a disclaimer essentially stating the spec quoted isn't the actual spec of the vehicle for sale:

"The data displayed above details the usual specification of the most recent model of this vehicle. It is not the exact data for the actual vehicle being offered for sale and data for older models may vary slightly. We recommend that you always check the details with the seller prior to purchase."

Got my rev counter and Cowl of eBay for 60 notes!

For anyone else I'd say not an issue re insurance, but the best policy is if in doubt declare it!!! (Just make sure to be clear it's a factory on not after market as after market rev counter Wil be counted as a mod!!!)

go with the torque app, it's free, or a few quid, and the OBDII adaptor can be had for a few quid... So it's cheaper and no insurance questions!!! Means you can keep your car "clean"!

I have both!!! 😀

the mk1 does have a reputation for leaks in the boot, ask the garage if the car suffers from any water leaks in the boot

and if in doubt ask them to give the back of the car a good soaking then check around the rear lights and the boot floor

for any water ingress if you take a torch with you you can have a better look around the lights on the inside.

22 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi, yes. This is the one but I decided to keep searching. Still no reply from the seller and I think if the description is not right there could be other things as well. I have the other Aygo on my radar. I really like it so please keep our fingers crossed !

Thank your help and advice :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links