Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steven_b

steven_bould

Dash cams,I've got two since being knocked off my Yamaha xj600n by a hit and run driver.I had to have my shoulder rebuilt and now have a great Toyota aygo.so I have now invested in two dash cams one front and one rear.I think that in the near future insurance company's will want this in all cars.but one is RAC and the other is of a cheaper design is there anyway I could wire them both together to save all the hassle???? Steb.

Hello Steven - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hi and welcome.
Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes do offer discounts of up to 15% for the fitment of a HD dash cam.

Regards,

Dan.

Oooh nice, that's good to know, It seems not many insurers give any credit for a dashcam; So far I've found about as many as the number who give a discount for Passplus! :laugh:

@OP - What do you mean wire them together? Do you mean for power? How have you got them connected at the moment? For my one I tapped off the USB port in my car with a Y-cable I made so power is forked off to my Dashcam but still goes to the USB port so I can plug in any USB thingies that need power, so something similar should be possible for you too.

• 3 months later...

Firstly thank you for welcoming me to the club. I've now had my Toyota aygo since September 17 and I am over the moon with it,it is better on fuel than my Yamaha 600cc and the tax was just £20.00 a year.but insurance was £750 because I have just started driving a car again,but I put down on my insurance that I wouldn't do more than 6000 miles a year what happens if I go over that mileage?? Any answer most welcome. In the mean time I am watching the miles.thanks.

The estimated annual mileage is used by the insurer as part of the risk assessment of the policy - to determine the risk of you making a claim. If after a few months, you find the estimate to be inadequate, I would contact the insurer with a revised estimate. Depending how different the revised estimate is, there maybe a slight increase in premium.

If you go over it by a bit most don't care, but if you take the absolute pee then they could invalidate your insurance if they find out so, it's best to get it at least vaguely correct! TBH I find it makes sod all difference to the premium; Maybe a tenner either way...  Biggest factors seem to be where you live and what your job is most of the time!

Oh, and if you have any older relatives with clean licences, esp. ones who don't drive much, add them as named drivers - I find this can knock off a good chunk!

" Oh, and if you have any older relatives with clean licences, esp. ones who don't drive much, add them as named drivers - I find this can knock off a good chunk! "

Not necessarily older either. I've added my eldest daughter as  named driver for for years (she never driver the Yaris) and using dummy quotes which have always come back as cheaper. She's obviously younger than me:laugh:

As for the annual mileage thing, I have only ever been asked for the vehicles current mileometer reading when insuring my classic Morris Minor. Never for the daily driver. However, I always try to give a generous annual mileage estimate when applying. As Cyker says, it makes little difference to the policy price. How would the insurance company find out if your annual mileage is more than they've been told. M.O.T. test records maybe, that wouldn't work for the first three years. It would be embarrasing though, on a say, four year old car with 40k on the clock, you've owned from new, only to have told them you do 6k/annum!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links