Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unichip Installer?

veilside_mr2

I`ve decided I need a unichip, I know a few people have them on here, can someone recommend a place to supply and fit a unichip? If they had an email address it would be great.

Thanks

trev

Hey blokey, where u at? Am in Surrey here, I live abt 10 mins away from Van Aaken Developments, not sure which chips they do, but they got a rolling road I fink, and are situated within the TRL, Transport research Laboratory. Also got SAS, is a Jap tuning place, but they F***ing Mo-Fo's in there man, unless you got like a brick of 50's in your back pocket man, they talk to you like you don't even know your name!!

lol sounds interesting, also sounds like quiet a few garages ive encontered.

I`m in lincoln.

Owen Developments have one of the best reputations in the UK, Dino works there and also runs a 2....

They're based in oxford.

Thanks guys, ive emailed all the places uve stated, just waiting for a reply.

Whats a decent price that I should expect to pay to supply fit and set up the unichip?, and how long does it take?

Had mine done at Owen Developments last October cost me £550 + VAT. Took all day for fitting and mapping.

I`ve decided I need a unichip

Boooooo....power fc!!! :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Cheers

KiwiMR2

lol, its a rev 1 tho, dont think the power fc works on the rev 1 :(

Cheers

KiwiMR2

True...wonder why I thought you had a Type III?? Unichip is sweet then, take on Jimlad ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Cheers

KiwiMR2

True...wonder why I thought you had a Type III?? Unichip is sweet then, take on Jimlad ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

i wish i had a rev 3 :( didnt think it thru before i bought my 2 :(

Yeah me and jimlad should be quite close, similar specs i think.

Just out of interest....is it really true that this unichip does make your car more fuel efficent? Is it worth adding it to a standard engine too? When i hopefully get the rev3 i dont think i'll be changing the exhaust etc, just doing a few engine mods....

Just out of interest....is it really true that this unichip does make your car more fuel efficent? Is it worth adding it to a standard engine too? When i hopefully get the rev3 i dont think i'll be changing the exhaust etc, just doing a few engine mods....

if the chip is mapped correctly the engine runs better than stock ecu so not only will the performnce be increase as it will match the engine but fuel effieciency should increase...

Just out of interest....is it really true that this unichip does make your car more fuel efficent?  Is it worth adding it to a standard engine too?  When i hopefully get the rev3 i dont think i'll be changing the exhaust etc, just doing a few engine mods....

if the chip is mapped correctly the engine runs better than stock ecu so not only will the performnce be increase as it will match the engine but fuel effieciency should increase...

Yeah....Iv'e seen the same thing with the power fc, makes more power more efficiently at lower boost levels once tuned, most decent aftermarket ecu's piggy back or full replacement are pretty good at doing that.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links