Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horn stuck on when car left off!

245jhy

Hi, this is my first post and some what a strange one! I left my car in works car park Friday morning and later on could here a horn continually going off! Went out and saw it was my car, a 2010 petrol aygo. I removed the horn fuse after looking under bonnet fuse area and horn stopped. Then the car started having issues cutting out after starting as if the immobiser was not working correctly etc. Then when it did run ABS light flashing.

I got the car home to inspect it, I cannot get the car running now at all, has anyone encountered any other similar issues? I'm struggling to get hold of wiring diagrams to inspect. Is there a relay for the horn? Or a control module that would theoretically control both the horn/ABS? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Olly 

Just out of interest, was it raining, or had it been raining when your horn stuck on?

It was raining in the morning but nothing torrential. There is some moisture in the car like many aygos from this model year, which is why I though possible control module/ relay issue. I just can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the horn circuit/ if there is a relay! 

I know this is a stab in the dark, but as you say, it's a strange one. Just before I bought my AYGO, the Toyota dealer had carried out some work, which was logged as follows.

Check & advise horn sounding c, LAMP,CENTR STOP,DUCT ASSY, QUAR,CUSHION

They replaced, sealed, checked the centre brake light?? Not sure of the exact details, but assumed it was something to do with the notorious leaky AYGO syndrome. But what is interesting is the mention of 'check & advise horn sounding'. Don't know whether the horn had been stuck on, or if the centre brake light was related, but might be worth keeping that in mind whilst fault finding.

It's a very good point, I looked a little earlier and found when I put the car in reverse the horn goes off? I need to continue further tomorrow when I have more time and equipment to diagnose accurately with. I have also seen another post similar to this which reports changing damaged wiring behind dash due to water ingress. 

• 1 month later...

Did you find the problem as I have very same issues the car starts for 3 seconds then cuts out horn stuck on and goes off when I put car in reverse 

• 3 years later...
On 11/12/2017 at 5:20 PM, 245jhy said:

It's a very good point, I looked a little earlier and found when I put the car in reverse the horn goes off? I need to continue further tomorrow when I have more time and equipment to diagnose accurately with. I have also seen another post similar to this which reports changing damaged wiring behind dash due to water ingress. 

Did you solve the problem with the horn?

4 minutes ago, Aygo80 said:

Did you solve the problem with the horn?

245jhy last visited the club in November 2017, so you may not receive a response.

• Like 1

Check the horn relay and make sure there is no water ingress, when parking the car turn the steering to the left or right, turn the car off and see if it still does it

410626132_aygomk1relaybox.thumb.jpg.c712587ad08db1adccd9d50f4b5d64cd.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links