Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Magnetic tape reversing sensors

Kenny46

Hi, has anyone used the magnetic tape reversing sensors on their car, especially if it was an Auris? If so, was it easy to fit?

Although my Auris has a reversing camera I'm used to the sensors I had on my Yaris and like to hear when I'm close to obstacles. 

Thanks. 

I've always had the  manufacturer/dealer fit ultrasonic sensors on our cars.

The one system that appears to have reviews on Amazon, isn't rated very highly (50% one star reviews) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electromagnetic-Parking-Sensor-No-Holes/dp/B0023S5BK6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks for that Frostyballs, doesn’t seem such a good idea now. I'll have another think about it. 

I used some of those eBay sensors Heidfirst mentioned, been working fine for 7 years now.

They seem quiet daunting to fit, but if you are ok with basic diy and wiring, its actually quiet easy.

Drilling the holes is the biggest thing, but just practice on some cheap plastic first.

2011-01-17 007.JPG

2011-01-17 009.JPG

2011-01-17 010.JPG

If an Auris is like an Avensis the drill points for factory/dealer-fit sensors are already marked on the inside of the bumpers. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links