Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Most Gutting Thing...

Rookey

Have a read of www.five-o.com in the 'Law and Related' section.

The best advice is in there - the site is run by coppers and lawyers etc...

I think Titto covered all the point I could make pretty well.

I'm indifferent to speed cameras, it's neither a good thing or a bad thing. It's just the enforcement of a law.

Delivering death messages is without doubt, the worst part of my job.

That site is great, loads of info:

This is the page on NOIP's - read it all!:

http://www.5ive-o.com/web/viewtopic.php?t=3199

(note about waht could happen if you do nothing - as suggested by some members)

This is a BBC story stating that the legal loophole of NOT SIGNING the Noip is now closed:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshi...set/3516612.stm

Cheers

Adam

a possibility of being deprived from driving arguably one of the best cars in its group on the planet!

My 2p.

Dave!

<-- mr2 nut...

make the best car on the planet full stop

Hope all goes well budy, no offence meant, I know peeps can get unlucky with the police and stuff happens and not necessarily your fault....

I do agree with bibbs (for once)

Usually it's disagree to disagree :lol:

I agree with Titto, speed kills, and you dont even need to be going that fast.

I used to speed in my younger years but wised up after a bad car crash, and also working in a hospital where I saw pics of people after car accidents. Not nice!

Just take a look at http://www.wreckedexotics.com/mr2/ to see just how tough your MR2 (or any other car for that matter) is (not). I bet some of those car owners didnt fare too well either :(

Not what you want to hear really: but perhaps you don't deserve to be driving - you obviously didn't learn a thing when given your first 5 points.

*****, with only 1 point away from being banned and you get caught speed, sorry, but you don't get my sympathy.

On saying that, I speed, and think 99% of drivers speed, but not excessively. Not that 36mph in a 30 zone is excessive - although it must be pointed out that your speedo will have been reading pretty damn close to 40 (due to inaccuracies).

All in all, unlucky!

It is unlucky, and this subject has to be the most heated, but as ive mentioned above: that link to that site run by cops is very very interesting: there seems to be loads of members who've got sooped up cars on there too who arent cops either - a nice mix i think.

But its very very good for info on most traffic related matters...Bibbs - perhaps a link to it might be useful for us all?

Cheers

Adam

Dont worry too much Rookey...heres a tale that may give you some hope :

My brother was caught doing 86mph on the mway police speedgunned his azz. After pulling him over they then discovered he wasnt insured. My bro thought he was... my pops told him he was covered on his policy etc etc..they let him go but said he has to go to court. He then found out he actually wasnt insured!.

So then...6 points for no insurance, 3 points more for speeding and hefty fine for speeding+ no insurance. His days of owning anything over group 5 were over..and he has 10 odd years of 25mph driving to look forward too at this point. Plus my dad was in the firing line for letting him drive it.

Got a good but slightly expensive representation...went to court...and got off absolutley... free...not even a farking fine for the speeding. :o

How? It was the way the lawyer presented the case which was brilliant...he said he wasnt here to defend him for speeding etc he was guilty and admits it.... but he then went on to say hes a working man, got a degree blah blah never been done before etc has another car which he is insured on so why would he put himself at risk etc etc and pointed out some inaccuracies on my dads insurance document which was a bit blurry when it came to who was actually allowed to drive the car.

Shoulda seen the prosecuters face lol he was practically begging the judge to fine him at least.

My bro showed me the letter he got thru from court after the case (might post it up here) it states how his case was "exceptional" and a one off etc. Our mates and family couldnt beleive it we were all conviced he was a goner.

My point is...there is no loopholes for you mate...you got done fair and square...your future now depends on a damn good expensive lawyer. :yes:

pizza boy, your brothers was all one event, not repeatedly getting caught for the same thing in such a short period of time so don't think that would count...

can't argue you didn't know if you've done it numerous times before

I think the morale of the story was that good lawyers can get you off the hook ryan...

isn't that right OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson? :lol:

Hmmmmm ok

Here are my 2p's worth.

I was driving a 1.0 Corsa back from uni late one evening.

My father had been rushed into hospital down south with a suspected heart attack - i was driving like a wolly, a complete prat.

Anyway i stopped at Loughboro for fuel and pulled back onto the M1 - driving back and this 306 Diesel wouldn't get out the way, after a few flashes he moved and i tore past, still driving stupidly fast

Anyway i hit the M25 and a T5 pulled me over and told me the 306 was an undercover car.

I had an interview for 2 hours in the volvo (worried sick ab my old man) but didn't use him as an excuse once. I just accepted all blame and mentioned the conditions etc etc

They CLAIMED to have clocked me at 113 in a 1.0 Corsa.....

I think not lol, anyway for some reason i never heard back.

Ever since then i hardly break speed limits - it was a wake up call and did the job. I feel for you mate but as others said you must have been reading 40 on the speedo and if it was a camera why didn't you see it, and if you did you mst have been breakin so how fast were you REALLY going?

have to just take it as it comes, you'll prob not be banned but made to re-take your test as you have been driving for such a short period of time.

In the future keep a good look out for camras, be observant and the points will stay away.

at 17yrs i got 3 points + 40 for 48 in a 30, (countryside limit exiting the limit).

now 27 and neverbeen caught since = totally clean license.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links