Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ABS,TRC OFF, VSC Lights on after changing new tyres and wheel Alignment

sky66

Hi guys i do need your help about some warning lights on dashboard,actually recently i had all four tyres changed and done wheel alignment after changing tyres.

i did drive about 20 miles after alignment and suddenly while i was driving i got ABS,VSC,TRC OFF lights on and they are static (no blinking) i have tried taking Battery negative terminal off but no luck also i have tried small obd2 reader but it say no error code find.my all brakes lights works fine at rare.

car drives OK and brakes work fine just weather been good these days that why could not test abs.

any help will be appreciated thanks

Your ODB2 obviously does not support ABS, VSC, TRC, like my Launch Creader VIII which can see nearly everything. 
Try the paperclip trick, connecting pins 4 and 13 of the OBD socket, turn the key to IGN (don't switch on engine), and read the flashing codes from the ABS, VSC, TRC flash morse code style. The flash sequence will be --- (3) a short pause and then --- (6). This is is an example and not the actual code it may flash. Record what the warning lights are flashing. 

Here is the list of possible codes - http://www.testroete.com/car/Toyota/mr2 spyder/References/Technical Training/05 - Brake Systems/20.pdf

To delete/clear the codes pump the brake fast say five or more presses within 3 seconds, there will be a bleep and the flashes become constant without any pauses.

If the fault is still there, the warning will re-appear when the car is driven above 10 - 15 mph. This tells me that one of the sensors to the wheel has a problem.  

Thanks Konrad for reply anyway I have followed your instructions and found lights blinking pattern is 3 pause 5

when I did short pin 4 and 13 abs vsc and green cruise light start blinking with 3 5 pattern and after pressing brake padel more then 5 times in 3sec all lights start blinking constantly and they keep flashing till I switch off ignition.

also when I switch on engine lights stay there.it does not clear code 

what do you think whats wrong could be.

according to code it's say front left or rare right speed sensor isn't it?

Hi,

Anything different about your tyres  ?  Any partic reason why you needed to re align ?

Have you physically checked anything,  brake fluid level OK ?

I would be suspicious that the wires to one or more of the abs sensors has been damaged or the actual sensor dislodged, you really need the car up on a ramp or whip the wheels of to see.

Oldcodger I have check brake fluid level and it's between min and max as my front pads are little worn but not in really bad condition also all fuse and brake stop light switch have been checked and they all are ok.

My tyres were near to legal limit and out of tracing that's why I have put all brand new tyres and done alignment.

can you please tell me the location of speed and abs sensor in my vehicle will appreciate if you can add pictures please thanks 

Hi,

I only had the Mk1 Avensis, but think yours will be almost identical.

They are located on the wheel hub carrier just behind the brake disc, think the picture  from the Corolla book shows it ok.

Held in place by a bolt and the wire normally clipped neatly out of the way, but it might have been pinched, pulled or banged etc  ?

IMG_0818.JPG.42caf9453ccb5a76ec1cb6f651736b28.JPG

Thanks a lot I will have a look and get it on ramp for more inspection 

Hi,

If you cannot see any obvious damage then you will have to get the code read properly, which should say whats sensor is faulty or if elsewhere.

You could buy your own scanner, but ones with ABS that read Toyotas etc seems to be around £100+, most garages should read it out for you for a fiver or tenner while you wait.

20 hours ago, sky66 said:

Thanks Konrad for reply anyway I have followed your instructions and found lights blinking pattern is 3 pause 5

when I did short pin 4 and 13 abs vsc and green cruise light start blinking with 3 5 pattern and after pressing brake padel more then 5 times in 3sec all lights start blinking constantly and they keep flashing till I switch off ignition.

also when I switch on engine lights stay there.it does not clear code 

what do you think whats wrong could be.

according to code it's say front left or rare right speed sensor isn't it?

You cleared the code with the pedal but did you drive the car to see if the faults reappeared? If they came back read the flashing ABS code to see what is occurring via the jumper pin method. In you case you quote 3 and 5 - open circuit on front left or rear right wheel speed sensor circuit. 
Oldcodger has given ideas where to look. 

Just for update guys the warnings lights have gone off their self about day before and never been on again,but i will still have a look at sensors.

Anyway  thanks for your help...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links