Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2006 clutch

flembot

My clutch (or something clutch related) packed in on Saturday whilst I was out driving. All of a sudden the clutch pedal felt very easy to push in, I could feel no pressure when pushing the clutch pedal to the floor. I got the car moved into the island on the road very quickly. With the car stopped and in neutral, I tried putting it into 1st 2nd 3rd, it worked. So I thought I could try drive home, but I needed to back up a little before I could drive off. So I started the engine, put the car into reverse and then the engine died and the car was stuck in reverse gear. I had to get it towed on a truck and left it outside the garage.

I got to the garage today and they told me several parts of the clutch need replaced and therefore recommended it value for money to replace the entire clutch and have quoted me £500

I've read elsewhere that the new clutch should have a 190mm diameter disc rather then the 180mm diameter disc and clutch fork design was also improved.

Has anyone had their clutch replaced to the 190mm one and noticed any improvements?

The larger clutch (190mm) from the Yaris was fitted to production models from approx 2009.

A new clutch costs 50£ nowadays. And I've been quoted 120£ to get it fitted. You are being robbed!!!!

A clutch for £50?! £120 to have it fitted?!?!?! Please post details of where we can get these things!!! :eek:

27 minutes ago, vitoreoliveira said:

A new clutch costs 50£ nowadays. And I've been quoted 120£ to get it fitted. You are being robbed!!!!

The clutch and all associated parts are being replaced including clutch fork, release lever, cover etc. 

You can get a clutch kit off eBay for 50£. I've got an Exedy Clutch kit ready to fit. Not with the fork etc, just clutch, clutch plate and release bearing. Clutch is the new 190mm one.
The mechanic fitting it is not a garage, but he works in one and does some jobs at his place.

Want details? PM me, I live in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Wow, you're right! I didn't realise aygo clutches were so much cheaper than Yaris ones! :eek:

Is the Aygo clutch super easy to fit? Most places charge for a day for Yaris ones!

Ahh that would do it... I think it'd take 2 hours just to get the clutch off in my old Yaris! :laugh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links