Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MMT calibration problem

sammad67

I have toyota aygo 2011 with MMT . its clutch had been slipping and there was a noise while gear shifting.i replaced the friction disk while the pressure plate(clutch cover)was re adjusted to its original position, as mmt equips with an adjustable clutch cover.the whole operation completed well but as the ECU was initialized after repair, there was no more shift position indicator on the combination meter display screen.the shift position indicator has been disappeared from the screen. now the engine starts but vehicle does not move . i have calibrated it many times but no fruitful results. i have got its repair manual and toyota service bulletins for transmission resetting and have implement on the instructions but no way .there is no more shift position display in the combination meter. I need assistance please. one more thing that in a Toyota Service Bulletin (Ref No. CP-5013) MMT calibration instructions, a sentence is written and i am unable to understand what that means.that is," Replace the MMT ECU with C/M one" if any body has an idea about this please guide me thanks

C M means countermeasure in other words there is a newer modified ECU available, also the clutch plate and cover should be replaced as a set for this reason Toyota do not sell the plate as a separate part they only sell a cover/plate set.

The bulletin your refer to is very old and has been replaced by several updates the latest of which is CP-0081T-0815

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this much quick reply DEVON AYGO. i have few more questions about the same case;

1. I used a new friction disk but the older pressure plate. prior reuse i readjusted it to its initial position. will this arrangement work.in our local market there is no a adjustable clutch cover and friction disk pair present. so i used a new identical friction disk but re adjusted the clutch cover. will i be able to re calibrate my transmission with this condition?

2. after clutch replacement when i initialized my transmission ecu, the gear position indicator from the combination meter display screen disappeared. I have calibrated the transmission multiple times but there is no N position being displayed in the meter. what should i do now?

3. in the current data list Clutch Standby Position is being shown = NOT EXECUTED. and T/M learning = Fail

4. kindly share the link for the TSB CP-0081T-0815, i have searched it but did not find yet.

would you please guide me to get the  way out from this scenario?

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

C M means countermeasure in other words there is a newer modified ECU available, also the clutch plate and cover should be replaced as a set for this reason Toyota do not sell the plate as a separate part they only sell a cover/plate set.

The bulletin your refer to is very old and has been replaced by several updates the latest of which is CP-0081T-0815

8 hours ago, sammad67 said:

Thanks for this much quick reply DEVON AYGO. i have few more questions about the same case;

1. I used a new friction disk but the older pressure plate. prior reuse i readjusted it to its initial position. will this arrangement work.in our local market there is no a adjustable clutch cover and friction disk pair present. so i used a new identical friction disk but re adjusted the clutch cover. will i be able to re calibrate my transmission with this condition?

2. after clutch replacement when i initialized my transmission ecu, the gear position indicator from the combination meter display screen disappeared. I have calibrated the transmission multiple times but there is no N position being displayed in the meter. what should i do now?

3. in the current data list Clutch Standby Position is being shown = NOT EXECUTED. and T/M learning = Fail

4. kindly share the link for the TSB CP-0081T-0815, i have searched it but did not find yet.

22 hours ago, sammad67 said:

1. The fact you have a friction plate on its own would suggest you have a plate for a Manual transmission and not an MMT as the plate and cover are matched as compatible pairs during manufacture. 

The correct and latest parts for an MMT are:

31250-79055 Cover & plate set *

31230-0H030 Release bearing and fork set !

90523-12007 Ring/spacer ~

90310-W0002 Clutch release seal ~

89530-70110 MMT ECU LHD with VSC

89530-70090 MMT ECU LHD without VSC

* must be fitted in conjuction with 31230-0H030 

! must fitted in conjunction with 31250-79055

~ are single use parts and must not be reused 

2 & 3 Your intialization has failed and the car no longer determine what position the clutch/transmission is in.

4. Access to technical information such as repair manuals, technical service bulletins can be purchased ( and downloaded as .pdf ) for a few Euro/hour @ www.toyota-tech.eu

• Like 1

Thanks for detailed reply.that is a great Sitte you have told , I have downloaded all the TSBs from there and reading them. i have a conflict that why the currently fitted ECU can not be reused? is it really quiet necessary to change it along with clutch set and bearing and fork set replacement?. it seems truly illogical.this thing will build up a huge cost of repair. One more thing that last day during recalibration practice of ECU i unintentionally shifted the shift-lever to E after it had been shifted to N according to the manual ECU Initialization procedure and this thing even removed the Clutch stop position learning value, now every time when i turn thee ignition ON ,the transmission ECU beeps three times. how will i get out of this next trap?  This is really a Complex transmission to repair. i have been hanging with this piece of Mod edit for last three weeks? Kindly guide me where to go next?

On 2/15/2018 at 7:52 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The correct and latest parts for an MMT are:

31250-79055 Cover & plate set *

31230-0H030 Release bearing and fork set !

90523-12007 Ring/spacer ~

90310-W0002 Clutch release seal ~

89530-70110 MMT ECU LHD with VSC

89530-70090 MMT ECU LHD without VSC

* must be fitted in conjuction with 31230-0H030 

! must fitted in conjunction with 31250-79055

~ are single use parts and must not be reused 

• 3 years later...

Hello, I noticed this error. What was the solution for you?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links