Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

multimedia system makes noise

aygoes

Hello guys,

the multimedia system of my new Aygo makes noise like of a fan
it is annoying me cause it is during the drive.

I have uploaded a video file at this post, you can listen to it

VIDEO0050.m4v

As it is still well within the new car warranty, query it with your Toyota dealer and get them to compare it with another Aygo.

17 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As it is still well within the new car warranty, query it with your Toyota dealer and get them to compare it with another Aygo.

The dealer told me that is normal in any new Aygo which I don't buy. Should I contact Toyota itself?

What are you using in the system - memory stick, bluetooth player,......?

Have just tried mine and that doesn't make a similar sound either with a USB stick or radio. Don't use it on bluetooth.

Who did you speak to at the dealer - sales or service? Service should be involved if there is a possible fault with the vehicle.

This is also why I suggested comparing yours with another Aygo - ie. sit in another Aygo at the dealer yourself and see whether that system also makes the noise with whatever you're using.

If it is a usb stick, could be that ........

The multimedia system does have a cooling fan so it is possible that you may hear it operating, can you hear it immediately after cold starting or is it only after a period of use?

33 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

The multimedia system does have a cooling fan so it is possible that you may hear it operating, can you hear it immediately after cold starting or is it only after a period of use?

I can only hear it after switching the engine off

I hear it always during the drive, even though the multimedia system is switched off, even though any options like bluetooth or mp3 is switched off. What can it be ? Actually a service worker of the dealer told me it is the fan, I don't buy it. I have to tell you that the navigation is an option we paid separately and was built in by the dealer separately. Maybe that is the cause ? 

On 2/16/2018 at 7:23 PM, Devon Aygo said:

I hear it always during the drive until short time after engine off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links