Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 3 N/a Engine Removal

Dame

Pretty much what the topic description says.... Do i have to remove the engine with the gearbox. I'm a bit worried about mating the two back together again, there's not much room......

easy way is to just drop whole lot out the bottom then split appart if needing to do engine work.....if only gearbox or clutch work just take g/box out......

Therein lies the problem, we only have the facility to take it out from the top. I presume this is possible?

Agreed, though once the airbox etc. is removed, and the engine side panels, I think there is enough room.... just... However, I really need to know whether the engine can be coaxed out in this way once it is unbolted from the gearbox. Once I have all of the pipework and wiring disconnected, it should be easier to see. I really need to get in there, since there is quite a bit of repair work that needs to take place, and it would be a damn site easier to do it all with the engine removed. I will then be able to take the alternator out, which cannot be removed any other way since it is still attched to the engine mounting bracked due to a seized nut. Frustratingly, the bracket makes it just a little bit too big to take it out from either under or through the top.

Has anyone done this before?? We have the means to pull it out, it's just whether it wants to come from the top......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links