Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Celica VVti 2002

Sporadicus

Hi guys

This is my first post on here.

I have been driving a little over a year now and have my second car and I'm loving it. I had an old ford fiesta 2000 for my first car and this celica VVti feels like such an upgrade. I drive it carefully thou as I'm sentimental with it haha

I was just hoping I could get some advice or tips regarding anyone's experience with it.

I have noticed that the clutch seems really high on it (for it to connect) is this normal?

Would you recommend any upgrades or minor tweaks for creature comforts?

I have had rear parking sensors installed.

Many thanks guys and hope you are all having a good weekend.

8 hours ago, Sporadicus said:

I have noticed that the clutch seems really high on it (for it to connect) is this normal?

A high biting point usually means the clutch plate is worn and might start slipping.  To test it - put the hadbrake on and attempt to pull off in 4th or 5th gear, using appropriately high revs.  If you can let the clutch all the way out (or almost all the way out) then it's knackered.  Bear in mind doing this will wear it some more, so it could start slipping sooner (or even immediately if it's that far gone).

Hi Chris...good choice..the Celica is a great sports car that's easy to live with and lovely to drive.

I had mine for 2 years and loved it.

Sounds like you could be in for a new clutch.!..so figure £300+ with new seals and fluid if you take it to a garage that is.

What mileage has it done.?

Keep an eye on the coolant level..the rads can fail..and change oil/filter regularly (I did mine ever 5-7k miles).

Generally a very reliable car and will last a long time given the right care and maintenance.

You could fit a s/s performance exhaust of course...and perhaps a Blitz air filter.?

Main thing is...enjoy it.!

Hi

It's done just under 118000.

(116000 when I got it 4 months ago)

It was serviced just over a year ago.

I keep the oil and coolent topped up but now I have a smell of coolent inside the car, the inside of the windshield does get awful condensation and will freeze up on the inside .

A friend suggested the cambelt may need to be looked at.. but I think I should look into a clutch but the main thing at the moment is money.

I want to keep this car for a few years as I really do enjoy it.

I don't know much about cars .

Would a filter and exhaust make much of a difference?

6 hours ago, RUToyota said:

Hi Chris...good choice..the Celica is a great sports car that's easy to live with and lovely to drive.

I had mine for 2 years and loved it.

Sounds like you could be in for a new clutch.!..so figure £300+ with new seals and fluid if you take it to a garage that is.

What mileage has it done.?

Keep an eye on the coolant level..the rads can fail..and change oil/filter regularly (I did mine ever 5-7k miles).

Generally a very reliable car and will last a long time given the right care and maintenance.

You could fit a s/s performance exhaust of course...and perhaps a Blitz air filter.?

Main thing is...enjoy it.!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links