Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Limp mode related to turbo?

TAZ123

Hi , I've just bought a 2005 2.0 d4d rav and could do with some advise. It drove fine and pulled well but the other day the engine management light came on and it went into limp mode, i switched it off for a couple of mins and restarted it and it drove fine again but the mil light stayed on. I've had the codes read and it came up with "P1251 Step motor for turbocharger control circuit ( intermittent)" I erased  the fault and it came back on again, iv checked the vacuum to the turbo actuator and that seems fine but have noticed a slight whistle at 2000rpm.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks

This problem has been covered a lot on this forum. just search for the same problem , type in p1251 code and u will find a lot of info. Had the exact same problem with my old rav and never cured it, so I got rid of it. I changed the turbo boost valve in my case and it helped it a bit. Good luck In ur effort's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links