Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 Aygo Bumper Repair

daniel11

Evening all,

The fact that I haven't posted in months is thanks to that fact that I have had covered many trouble free miles. That all changed on Saturday however through no fault of the car, or its driver for that matter! Basically, it now has a Mercedes shaped area of damage on the passenger side front bumper after someone managed to drive into it whilst parked quietly minding its own business in the corner of the car park. :(

39381560120_562fd69cbf_z.jpg

Obviously, I want to repair this and the person who did the damage has offered to cover the cost privately without going through insurance as long as the repair is not too costly. I haven't had the bumper off before now, so I don't know quite how all the fittings work, but I believe the black plastic part that mounts the bumper to the quarter panel is broken so the bumper is now unsecured in that area. I'm hopefully going to fix the bumper back on and replace the arch liner myself and just take it to a paint shop to have the paint sorted. 

I had a look earlier today and the black plastic part mentioned above has a large amount of adhesive or some other yellowy substance on the back of it. Does anyone know if the car comes from the factory with this part glued as well as screwed, or could it be that the car has been pranged on that corner before now and had a bodged repair done on it? Also, does anyone know where I can find part numbers/the best place to source quality parts for this kind of job?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

this not repairably buy a second hand from eBay or scrapyard

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links