Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine swap advice needed...

JMC

Sons 2010 Aygo has been using oil recently.  He says he has been checking it......

He called to say the engine was loosing power...then a few minutes later to say it has stopped on him.  Recovered home by Green flag.  

When he starts the engine it sounds like a hammer is loose in it (....not good!)

The clutch has gone really stiff for the last few cms of travel.

Compression test is inconclusive - 2 cylinder was low, came up with oil.  3 was ok, but didn’t change with oil at all...

My plan was to drop the sump and see what I find.....  bearing bits, piston rings, who knows!!

I only have metal ramps and axle stands, but have access to a crane.  If it needs a new engine, will I be able to get it out (Haynes says it drops out the bottom...)

2nd question.  Local scrappy has a 2012 model he is breaking (ours is 2010).  I presume this has the electronic throttle? Can I just swap this for the cable throttle body on our existing car?

i believe I will have to re-use the loom from the old car to make the ECU etc. Work.....

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links