Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MK2 reliability.

phillev

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has had anything go wrong or fail on their mk2's since they've had their car, I know about the shock absorber issues on some but just was just interested to hear of any other potential issues, cheers.

The only issue I've had was an O2 sensor fail. Car still driveable. Replaced under warranty.

In the Auto Express Driver Power survey 2018, the second generation Aygo came first in the city car class which includes a reliability rating - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/95238/best-cars-to-own-driver-power-2018-results/page/0/1

10 hours ago, phillev said:

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has had anything go wrong or fail on their mk2's since they've had their car, I know about the shock absorber issues on some but just was just interested to hear of any other potential issues, cheers.

I didnt know about a shock absorber issue ???

2 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

I didnt know about a shock absorber issue ???

It seemed to be on some 2015 models that had knocking rear shocks which Toyota sorted under warranty. I've only had mine a couple of weeks and it's a really low mileage 15 plate that's done 3800k and just wanted some owners first hand ownership issues if any have arisen over time. So far I'm loving the improved refinement over my 107, if I have one issue it's with the clutch which on mine seems vague on the biting point and does bite quite low which seems at odds with what I've read and it's so light you could push the pedal down with your finger! One other thing is that when it does bite if I let the pedal up quite sharply you can hear it engaging like a doink noise which I presume is the old fashioned cable mechanism. 

Apologies, so the shock absorber issues apply to the 2015 models, i have a 2008 so i assume its excluded.

1 hour ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Apologies, so the shock absorber issues apply to the 2015 models, i have a 2008 so i assume its excluded.

Yes. There was a batch of shock absorbers fitted to early second generation Aygos around 2014/15 which gave problems.

The only issue I've had is my boot catch failed ....

this was changed under warranty at the main dealer ...

Love my xcite aygo ...it's cheap to run and insure , fun to drive ...

only thing I wish they done was a engine choice like Citroen do ..... but hey ho ....it's still a great car 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links