Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Done In For Tinted Windows

starletsr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish_SR

• starletsr

• fimmo

• Jimlad

Im at work just now until half past 5! Its stuck in the back of my mind at the moment, lol.

Going to have to be a random decision i think!! Make lots of those! lol

Cheers

ross

hi, this is my first post on this site, got the address from scottish sr's car!!! i'm fimmo the guy that tinted his car!

her's a wee pic of my 2

normal_mr2%20garage.jpg

i've been tinting for about 3 yeras now and to say the new law sucks is an understatement,the police up here are only pulling people at cruises and as many of you have already noticed, it's modified cars that are getting targeted,bmw's merc's people carriers and 4x4's are getting ignored! they just pick on a specific type of car owner!

funny thing is, a couple of years ago, rader detectors were legal to buy and own but illegal to use,someone got caught using one,got taken to court and because they appealed through the european courts the case got thrown out and now they are legal! soon enough someone is going to get pulled for tint, refuse to remove it,go to court and get it thrown out because the courts are so busy with real criminals they wont have the time to deal with stupid cases like tint violations!

if i ever get pulled,i'll very clearly laugh at them when they tell me to remove the tint,because as soon as they realise what i do for a living then they'll figure out as soon as that tint is off it'll be back on again!! :thumbsup:

Its ridiculous to suggest that tinted windows arent a problem and arent dangerous. Like blacked out motorbike visors, they REDUCE visibility and as a consequence reduce your ability to REACT to conditions on the road ultimately putting other road users at risk including yourself.

Dont moan about being pulled if you blatently mod your car so it stands out like a sore thumb.

...and the law isnt just about catching criminals mate, that bandwagon phrase makes me chuckle. Traffic law is about standards and increasing road safety.

Ask yourself to those of you who think that full on tinting is ok: Why do you bother to stop at Red lights? why dont you just go straight through them? Theres plenty of chance that you'll be ok, you wont get caught?

Or why not stop at the next give way?

Next time you see a pedestrian about to cross, accelerate harder so you can pass him first... Point is; why do you obey some laws and not others? You cant pick and choose which apply to you.

Believe me, i like tinted windows, but they need to be regulated - like it or not.

And car cruises are usually when a section of a traffic officers are tasked on an operation, afterall, there is a larger proportion of highly modded cars, boy racers etc etc you know the score; theres more likelihood of those cars having problems or faults too - and quite often you get some very good results - disqualified drivers, unfit through drink or drugs, no licences, no insurance, drink drive, unfortuately people never get to hear of this, and i dont disagree that you probably feel victimised, but as said, and mentioned by other members on here, you cant moan about stuff if you are blatantly flouting the rules.

Not having a go, just offering some new perspective, which is sometimes lacking...

fimmo; like your attitude mate! laugh at me tho and it'll be good bye to your car!!!, unfortuantely for you i wont be coming to scotland so you'll be reet!

you wouldnt be happy if someone pulled out in front of you using the excuse "i couldnt see through my tints"

having been in loads of cars with them i know how bad your vision can be-

i personally have never had them as a result

its a shame because it really does look sweet on most cars,

btw

fimmo- very nice lookin car mate, welcome :thumbsup:

Starlet, no stronger than any of yours shared on this thread! Why are we all up at this time anyway? Im sooooo tired.

Working nightshift at the moment, VERY tired. Becoming an expert at Flamingo Drive on yetisports.org lol :D

ross

Finish at half 4 I think!! Woohoo! Loads of sleep 2moro!! :D

Oh right, what time you been awake since like??

Oh no!! Actually got to go out and do some work now!! :(

Good luck with your insomnia attempts jimlad!

I reckon til about 12 noon!! Depends what you have been doing and stuff!! Good luck!!

hi titto,yes i can respect your thoughts on tinting,but the main problem is what we in the trade call hack shops, idiots that think they can tint, applying whatever level of tint you want! a lot of people ask me to tint their cars 'dark' i wont do it ask scottish sr how dark his windows are! at 50% tint level inside it's just tinted and no more! it gives you the tinted look but from the inside it's almost completley clear! although the police still reckon it's over the limit, vosa put it into an advisory bracket, i.e you dont have to remove it it's only an advisory!

the main problem here is the dep. of transport,they asked all the big players in the tint ind. i.e pentagon,magma etc what tint levels they would recommend- they all said no darker than a light 35% tint, the dep. of t ignored it and stayed at the 70% level??? stupid level considering renault,citroen,chrysler and others all had standard tinted glass that fail the 70% level???

if the dep. of transport had set a realistic level then loads of people would go for the legal light tint but because it's more or less illegal to tint your fronts then people are just taking a chance with dark (which all pro's wont install), tints dont just look good,they offer more than that.

if this industry was more regulated then we wouldnt have the problem of idiots getting dark tints on the front and we could use the police to do other things like catch criminals!

Starlet, no stronger than any of yours shared on this thread! Why are we all up at this time anyway? Im sooooo tired.

I know i know, i was just heated up that's all mate.

:group-cuddles: Group hug to you, my tints are coming off today anyway.

From now i will be safe from the cops :thumbsup:

what i recommend is tinted rears to comply with the law and security film on the front! totally clear making it road legal,it cuts out almost all uv rays, and best of all it stops theiving scum coming through the glass! you can put as many deadlocks and immobilisers onto your pride and joy but the weakest part of your car is the glass! my security tint makes the glass on average 8 times stronger,believe me when i say that it took my friend almost 10 mins with a large hammer to break a window in a door that i have on display! takes some attack!

plus the police like this film! B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links