Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo bike rack and towing hitch

greenday_keli

Hello all,

so when I bought my Aygo, as a keen cyclist, I opted to have the towing hitch installed.

the ongoing issue with the electrics is driving me crazy.

So, I hook up the bike rack, drive to where I'm going, have a bike ride, drive home, remove bike and bike rack. Get back in car next day, indicators going do lally. There are no bulbs out, I make sure. Take it to Toyota, they say they wiggled something, and tell me, please only let the cover drop down next time you unplug bike rack cable.

Next time I go out with bike rack.....same thing happens. I did let the cover drop down.

This time Toyota tell me it's a loose connection, and it's all fixed. I believe them. IDIOT.

Next time..it happens again. With a few nudges and wiggle around, we get it working as normal without taking it to Toyota.

Then in Dec last year, someone rear ended me. Broke all the components for the towing hitch, and new parts fitted.

When the indicators go do lally again..I take it to the body shop repairer, they tell me they fixed it, please spray it wil WD40 as it's all corroded.

So today, quick spray of WD40, go out with bike. Come home, remove bike rack....indicators gone do lally. So yet again I'm the moron driving around with blinky blink indicators till I can get my car back to garage.

Anyone at all know what I can tell Toyota to make them fix this, anyone know what the issue is?

HELP...

Is the towing hitch you have, an official Toyota accessory or from a third party manufacturer (e.g. Westfalia, Bosal, etc).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links